Subscription expiring - I have a new uninstalled Webroot....

• 3 April 2016
  • 5 replies

Should I delete the old Webroot and then install my new one from it's CD, or should I just add the new Keycode of the new Webroot to the present Webroot - will that extend the date to the next year?

Also, if the present Webroot says, "Subscription expiring in 1 day", and tomorrow is Monday, does that mean it is still good through tomorrow - Monday - , or will it expires at the end of today, Sunday?  

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello fide

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Are you renewing a Best Buy Webroot version? Or is this a Webroot version that is installed on your computer. If the you have Best Buy version you can just add the keycode. If you have a Webroot version and you are trying to install a Best Buy version then you would to uninstall in order to install BB version because they have different installers.

If you have a new keycode, you can activate it as follows:
  1. Open SecureAnywhere.  
  2. Click the gear icon next to My Account. Your account panel displays. [img]http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/myaccountdetails.png[/img]  
  3. Under Activate a new keycode, enter the keycode you want to add and click Activate. Note: your keycode is a string of 20 alphanumeric characters. It is unique and holds the information about your subscription. You may choose to copy and paste your keycode when prompted, to ensure that the characters are entered correctly.
If you would like to also add your keycode to your online management account, click here for instructions.

Also Webroot will not be expired as you are protected for 30 days after your expiration date

One more bit of advice is if you have Password Manager then you will have to Submit a Support Ticket to have your old passwords transferred to your new keycode.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hello Sherry,

Thank you for your response.  The original Webroot, now about to expire, was a Best Buy purchase.  The new Webroot was an Amazon purchase.  Should I therefore delete the old and replace from the CD installation disk?  Or can I just add the new Keycode?

I have not initiated nor used Pswd manager.

There is a one-month grace period?  Wow.  I never heard that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi fide

I would unistall the Best Buy version and then install the Amazon version. I think you can install from here and use your Amazon keycode. But you will loose your remaining days if you install now.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for the install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here 
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,
OK - thank you for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi there
You are so very welcome. Holler if you need anymore assistance! 🙂