Solved

Support outsourced?

Userlevel 5
Badge +23
I've just had a somewhat frustrating encounter with Support. First off, the guy didn't know what Process Explorer is. Secondly, he told me it shouldn't be on my Desktop. Thirdly, he said it should already be "in Windows folder where the explorer is running." He then asked me why I "downloaded those exe from different places?" It was the last message that worried me the most:

Since those process explorer program will directly related with the process of the computer, and get information of the computer all the time, Webroot will monitor such applications so it such program can't mess up with the computer processes. This doesn't mean bad at all. Webroot Secure is doing what it suppose to do and nothing to worry about. 

To me, this sounds like someone that doesn't have a very good grasp on the English language, which made me wonder whether Support Tickets are outsourced. Are they? It's frustrating to go back and forth over such a simple thing. To be honest, running WSA is becoming a ball-ache, with having to constantly ask Support to white-list files or switching them to 'Allow' manually. I just want to install an AV and forget about it. I'd ask for a refund but since I bought from a third-party site, I'm guessing this is out of the question.
icon

Best answer by Cat 5 July 2012, 17:27

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey The_Seeker -  

First of all, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. After reading that, I agree that you could have received a much better response to your question and we'll get someone else assigned to your issue to clear up any confusion.

Next, I'll hop in here and clear up your main question. I'm happy to say that our Support team is 100% in house. The primary team is based in Colorado, USA and we also have a few team members at our Ireland, Japan and Australia offices. That's something that we pride ourselves on and many of our support team members are people that help out in this Webroot Community! 

Thank you for bringing this to my attention though. It will definitely be a good coaching opportunity for our Support team.

Lastly, I'm also passing along your whitelisting feedback to a few folks here on the Product team. It's a topic that has come up a few times recently and I know they appreciate the customer input.  :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +23
About my my refund point. Am I right in thinking that because I bought from a third-party site, I cannot be issued with one?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
About my my refund point. Am I right in thinking that because I bought from a third-party site, I cannot be issued with one?
I would assume you would have to go back to the third-party site and ask them. Is there and issue as to why you would want a refund?

TH
Userlevel 5
Badge +23
@ wrote: 
I would assume you would have to go back to the third-party site and ask them. Is there and issue as to why you would want a refund?

TH

For the reasons I mentioned in my initial post, and other issues I've been in touch with support about.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Someone here can get your support ticket Elevated to higher support and maybe do a Remote Session to see if they can find your problems and get it corrected in one of the next Builds! I'm sure a Webroot Staff member will do that for you!

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yep! We're on it from a Support perspective, TH. Also, it's true that refunds are not currently issued when our product is purchased through a third party, but we can definitely resolve all your other issues very quickly!
Userlevel 5
Badge +23
I wouldn't worry about looking into it any further. I've uninstalled WSA from my laptop and will do the same on my family's machines over the next couple of days.
Userlevel 7
Hi Seeker,

It looks like one of our escalation engineers has reached out to you via the ticketing system. I hope you'll have a change of heart regarding uninstalling WSA. I can say for sure that your case is in good hands now. Regardless, I hope you stick around the Community. I always enjoy reading your posts, as they typically raise interesting questions.
Userlevel 5
Badge +23
Hi Jim, just caught your post before I head off to bed.

I've responded to the aforementioned engineer and said I'll let him know tomorrow what I intend to do. I'm feeling somewhat jaded right now so will sleep on it and approach the problem with fresh eyes. Let's hope my dreams do not involve white-lists and journaling.
Userlevel 5
Badge +23
I've arranged for a remote connection with the engineer to see what's going on. As suspected, a new day has brought more sense and less irrationality.
Userlevel 5
Badge +23
I've been in contact with Joe and made arrangements to run the wsalogs utility next time I run into the issues I've been experiencing. Turns out there seems to be some problems with Chrome and WSA, which is interesting. I feel kind of good knowing I'm helping in some small way.

Thanks to Jim and Cat for the kind ear and sane words; sometimes it's hard to take things on board when you're being stubborn.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So happy to read this!!

Thanks for working with us to come to this conclusion. I'm really glad we were able to help you sort everything out. Have a great weekend!