Suspect Message

• 19 June 2016
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Received a message at start up this morning requesting me to install Webroot. The set up looked different to normal Webroot page so I exited. Anyone know if this is legit or not. Can't see why I should re install.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Doggone

I have not heard of this legitimately happening and so would say it is very suspicious...so well done for your caution. If it reappears then I would Open a Support Ticket to inform the Support Team and ask then to check this out for you...and be able to advise on its actual legitimacy...I am also sure that they will want to know of people purporting to be Webroot, if not legitinate.

If there is any way that you can upload a screenshot of the popup, to say a download site or sharing site (as you cannot yet post screenshots in the Forum) that would also be useful.

Please let us know what they come back to you with or if you get any further such popups.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Thanks I will post details if and when I see it again
Userlevel 7
Hi Doggone

Am around all day so just let us know and we can see if we can assist further. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Just restarted my computer and received Windows message asking if I wanted app to make changes.
Prog. name: WR Installer
Ver. Pub.: Webroot Inc.
File orig.: HD on this computer. The certificate is issued Webroot Inc. by VeriSign Class 3 2010CA, valid from 23/12/2013 to 22/02/2016 (So it is invalid date wise.)
I am reluctant to say yes to this request as that is what I did the first time and it brought up2 the ? webroot screen and started accessing my machine.
I have the same Webroot software on two other machines and neither is getting the same message
Userlevel 7
Hi Doggone

This has come up before, periodically before and after the end of last year. Please see this previous thread that I post in re. this, as it may be of some assistance to you.

But if not then post back and let us know, and we can look to investigate further.

Regards, Baldrick