Solved

System Cleaner Settings

• 6 February 2013
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
How does one turn OFF System Cleaner Settings?..................and how does one post a screenshot on this board?

icon

Best answer by JimM 6 February 2013, 18:22

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Are you sure you didn't run a manual scan 4 days ago?

Your first screenshot is of the cleanup log within Notepad (which shows yesterday 2/7/2013)

Your second screenshot shows 4 days ago and was from within the agent which looks like it would have been a manual scan 4 days ago (or there would be subsequent scans automatically occuring).

If this scan happened automatically, we can move forward by collecting Opening a Support Ticket so that we can collect WSA Logs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Huuuuuuuuuuuuum?........curious!

Userlevel 7
If the cleanup actually runs, there will be data within the Notepad listing files/items that were removed (temp files, cookies, etc.).

There would also be time elapsed as no cleanup finishes in less than a second.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Lyle that is normal as I have the same settings as you and it shows in my log but it does not clean anything!

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
I had it set as per Mike's instructions prior to Posting. I have reset following his instructions..............................and have a look at my NEW LOG attached! How does Webroot account for that????  I do not want ANY cleaning done without my INPUT!

Userlevel 7
I'll have to suggest following Mike's advice. You're the only user of this computer? If it's the family computer, for instance, somebody else may have done it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Never clean up Manualy fro WebRoot, except for one time back in December as my logs indicate. So  fail to understand the cleaning four (4) days ago??
Userlevel 7
It's of course possible that a cleanup was run manually as well. If you ever click "Cleanup Now" on the main screen of WSA, you're doing a system cleanup.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
As you can see by my screenshot that was done......................However Mike I followed your directions and will monitor for the next few days. Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Please "Reset to Defaults" and uncheck "Run on bootup if the system was off at scheduled time". This should keep the System Cleaner from performing a cleanup.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Thank You!

Userlevel 7
I moved your post over to the right thread for you Lyle. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
..................and how does one post a screenshot on this board?

Please see my comment in this thread.  🙂
Userlevel 7
You can turn off the scheduled cleaner if you would like (screenshot below). As long as you do not manually click "Clean Up Now", the System Cleaner will not activate.