Solved

Transition from Intenet Security Essentials to Complete

• 26 November 2012
  • 41 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

I'm a user of the former Internet Security Essentials. As far as I know since Webroot realeased version 8.0.2 my license should has been upgraded to Internet Security Complete. I still have activated my Backup feature but I don't have access to the Password Manager.

Furthermore, I have to renew my license in the next month and according with the renewal form my current product is Webroot Security Complete.

Do I have any problem with my license or it's just the transition process is not over yet?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by mllopes 27 November 2013, 22:46

View original

41 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi uvox,

The transition should be all wrapped up for most customers so it's a bit strange that you were seeing Essentials. I looked up your subscription and, oddly enough, our system showed that you were still on Essentials as well. Perhaps, the transition was taking longer than usual for your subscription. Nevertheless, I went ahead and pushed the upgrade manually for you and you should now be running SecureAnywhere Complete. Everything looks good to go on our end so please let me know if the change has reflected on your end as well! You should have access to Password Management now as well as the added Backup space and System Analyzer. 😃
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:The transition should be all wrapped up for most customers so it's a bit strange that you were seeing Essentials.

Thank you uvox for posting this. I have the same problem, still running Essentials with 328 Days left on the Keycode. :(
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Thanks Yegor!

It seems everything is working now!

Just one little more issue:

When I log into my online (web) console and click on the setup button (Password tab) It happens nothing... What's the problem? And what is the purpose for that button?

Thanks!

P.S.: Browser Firefox 17.0
Userlevel 7
Hey uvox,

You should be able to set up the passwords within your "My Webroot" account by clicking that "Set Up Account Now" button. However, since it sounds like that's not working, can you please try to set up passwords from the Webroot program itself? To do so, just open Webroot, click the "Identity and Privacy" tab, and click "Password Management". You should see a "Download and Install" button appear. If it does, click it to install the components. If you'd like more detailed instructions for setting up password management, click here.

Let me know if that works for you! If not, we'll continue troubleshooting accordingly!
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi Yegor,

Well, after clicking the "Identity and Privacy" tab and then "Password Management" I don't see any "Download and Install" button, just a "Manage My Identity" button. Then I followed the provided instructions but on step #5 I meet my original problem again... hitting the "Set Up Account Now" button doesn´t work.

Anyway, I used the Firefox add-on to set up eveything. So far it works (I even imported my passwords stored in the Firefox password manager), so I guess it's just a problem with the web console,

uvox
Userlevel 3
When I click Upgrade or Renew from the My Account Tab it tells me that I am currently using WSA Complete and the only option I have is to upgrade my 2GB online storage. I am using ver 8.0.2.43. When it did the transition all I notced that they updated the backup and sync. There is no Password Manager or any other features from Complete. Today I received an email from Webroot that said:

"As a current Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Essentials customer, you are entitled to a free upgrade to our top-of-the-line security suite, Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Complete. Think of it like a bump to the First Class cabin! And, at time of renewal, you won't pay any more than your current product price.
With Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Complete, your Windows PCs, Macs®, and mobile devices online are protected from viruses, hackers, and identity theft within minutes.
The best part is, as a current customer, you don't have to do anything at all. Your protection will be automatically updated in the next 30 days."

So does this mean that my WSA will automatically update to the full verson of Complete within 30 days?  From what I understand from the posts in this forum, I should already have been upgraded to Complete when they did the Backup and Sync transaction, even though if I click on update it shows that is what I am currently using. I am still showing 2 GB of online storage.

This is confusing to me.  :8

Userlevel 7
JDMoose,

I have sent you a private message with the details on the subscriptions I have manually upgraded for you. 😃
Userlevel 3
Thanks MIke,
I sent you a PM with an keycode update issue. Other than that, thanks for getting everything straightened out for me. So far it looks and works great.

Dave :D
Userlevel 7
Hi uvox,

Can you please log in to your "My Webroot" account again and check to see if you are now able to set up/access the "Passwords" tab?

Let me know if it's working now!

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
I have responded to your private message and changed your primary email address for notifications in the future. :D

Thank you for your patience!
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Yep! It works!

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Thank you Yegor for the upgrade. 😉
Userlevel 1
Hi
I have bouth 2 boxes of internet security essentials 2011 and today when i inserted the license of one of the boxes it appeared as essential and not complete as it should (i think).
As said in this thread it should convert to complete with 10gb of space.

Userlevel 7
Hello mllopes, 

I could well be wrong, but I believe Internet Security Essentials 2011 will end up being WSA-Internet Security 3 User.

The Internet Security Complete 2011 product would end up being WSA-Complete 5 user.
Userlevel 1
Well i think i read that the essentials would convert into complete less the password management and less online storage 10gb instead of 25
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Well i think i read that the essentials would convert into complete less the password management and less online storage 10gb instead of 25
I am not sure.. I am not able to locate that documentation.  I can find where it is listed as being a 3 user though.
Userlevel 1
The license i am using right now was a conversion of essentials thats why i know.
It shows as a complete license with 5 pcs and only 10gb of space
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
The license i am using right now was a conversion of essentials thats why i know.
It shows as a complete license with 5 pcs and only 10gb of space
Awesome.. I am wrong as I said I might be 🙂  (That is NOT sarcastic or a complaint... I love learning new things 🙂  )

So if I am now understanding correctly, it installed as the original product and not the current 2014 WSA? (I am a little confused)
Userlevel 1
yes so it seems, as it shows in my online account as essentials with 2gb of space and 3 pcs
Userlevel 1
I have installed the latest version of webroot but the license shows as it being essentials version
Userlevel 7
You did a fresh download to install it I assume to install from the file called wsainstall.exe and the version number of the installed product is 8.0.4.24?
Userlevel 1
well i am going to try to explain, i have 10 days left in my current license(the one i talk before) and today i decided to activate one of the boxes, i opened the program and inserted the license that came in the box, when i went to my online account i could see that is shows essentials and not complete.
Userlevel 7
OK, well, ALL current versions, if you are fully updated, will have version number 8.0.4.24 on them when installed on a Windows PC.  The differences of installed modules and abilities are by key code, not the installer.  If you could take a look at the installed version and see what version number it says is installed?

The reason is I am wondering if you do not have the correct most up to date version of the software installed, as that could well be the reason for it being called "essentials instead of Complete.
Userlevel 1
I have that version you said 8.0.4.24, the part that is missing is like i said password management in the program
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I have that version you said 8.0.4.24, the part that is missing is like i said password management in the program
Does it not display at all in the WSA user interface, or is it a case of it will not allow you to log in from within your browser?