Solved

Two licenses, no cummulative time.

Hello, everyone.

I bought another license. Mine has 42 days left, so I bought a new one. When I enter the new one, it subsitutes the old one, but does not accumulate the days. I wanted to add 365 days to it, and not have to licenses running. Any help?

Thanks a lot.
icon

Best answer by JP_ 17 August 2017, 00:02

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Greetings @,

I've merged the 365 days from your new subscription to your old keycode. Please re-activate and use that one.

Feel free to send me a private message if you need anything else.

Cheers!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I didn't try to renew it. Must have been a mistake on their side, while trying to merge, they renewed my subscription. Hope we can fix this. I asked for a refund, nevertheless.
You'll need to work with our Team directly to resolve that, as I don't have the authorization to issue any refunds.

Please know that you can always reach our Team by phone for immediate assistance:
1-866-612-4268 M-F 7am?8pm MT
Wow. Thanks a lot, JP! It worked. That's a great service. Now I'm even more happy to be a Webroot costumer. :)

Thanks again.
Userlevel 7
Indeed...I am sure that it will. ;)
Userlevel 7
Hi DarthGarrus

What you did is that you 'psuedo' renewed rather than 'real' renewed. If you had done the latter then the new subscription period would have been added to the remainder of the current.

By doing the former you effective are starting a new subscription. The only thing that you can do now is to Open a Support Ticket, explain the position to the Support Team and ask them to transfer the days from the new subscription to the one about to expire.

Make sure that you do it this way around since as an Internet Security Plus user, if you use the Password Manager, then you need to keep your original keycode active...as the password data hel in the Webroot Cloud is keyed in part on that keycode. So if an new key code is used the previously entered password data will no longer be accessible to you...and you will have to ask the Support Team to move that data to the new keycode as well.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Thanks, Sir Baldrick. But the strangest thing is: I can't log in to open a support ticket. When it gets to the password, it keeps refreshing the window. Not an error, no wrong password. It just won't go forward. It's been like this forever, no matter which browser I use. So, I can't open a ticket. Will try via cell phone (which I hate to use. Call me ancient, but I hate it).

Thanks again.
Userlevel 7
Excellent. Happy to help :D

Maybe it was that. But it's a little early for an automatic renewal, I think. Anyway. I hope this gets fixed. Thanks!
OK. I have just been charged with a license renewal on my credit card. That's not good. 🙂
Asked for a refund. I wanted a merge with an existing purchase, not a new purchase.
Userlevel 7
Hi DarthGarrus

As far as I know that would only happen if you have tried to manually renew your existing subscription via the Renew/Upgrade page on the Webroot site or you have the auto renewal indicator set against your account (it may well be that that option was checked when you first registered/took out a subscription.

Perhaps @ could check if that is the case for you? The strong the Force is with him! ;)

Regards, Baldrick

I didn't try to renew it. Must have been a mistake on their side, while trying to merge, they renewed my subscription. Hope we can fix this. I asked for a refund, nevertheless.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I doubt that as the merge does not involve, as far as I know any money related aspects...it is purely 'mechanical'. I suspect that you had the auto renewal indicator set against your account (it may well be that that option was checked when you first registered/took out a subscription...it is by default I believe).

Regards, Baldrick