• 15 December 2015
  • 36 replies

Show first post

36 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi Daniel,
Thanks for the information. Yes it was the Webroot filtering extension that had caused the UAC problem. I downloaded the new windows update KB3035583 at the same time so thought that was the cause.Issue resolve
You know KB3035583 is for you to get Windows 10 for free and nothing more: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3035583

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I suppose if we do the rename thing and then scan it'll create a new folder? Can we get rid of the old one then?
Userlevel 7
Edwin, I would caution making any such changes to the WRData folder without the express say so of the Support Team. Whilst it should 'regenrate' if deleted it has been hived off to prorgamdata for a reason, i.e. to keep it away from the uninitiated.

Best left alone without explicit guidance from the Support Team.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
good suggestion... they are more experienced in this matter
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hello, I think the issue needs further investigation. I uninstalled the app (BTW, I had to turn off UAC in order to do so or uninstall didn't work) reinstalled it and it still get the UAC prompt. The version is the last one 9.0.7.42 and the filter is 1.0.2.27 but I still get UAC. There is absolutely no way I install 3035583 because I don't want Windows 10. It's particularly serious because at work all computers with Vista and 7 started to behave this way. If you can help me.............I also will open a ticket at Webroot support. Thanks in advance
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Is the webroot filtering extention working with internet explorer? 
If not download the Webroot Toolbar fix  and do a reinstall. Restart your PC after this and see if this is resolved. 
Userlevel 7
Rather than 'roaming' why not contact Support and see what they say?
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hello, sadly issue is not solved yet. Below my new post to Support , I'll keep you up-to-date with progresses.

I followed your istructions and at first it seemed to have solved the problem.

Sadly where not there yet.

While everything "seems" to work (at this point I'm not sure if it really works or not) when the computer is online, if I'm not connected to internet and start Win7 the UAC prompt is still there.
And giving webroot permission to continue is not enough: if I, for example, select "Control Active processes" I see :

- an empty list

or

- a list with no more than 10 processes, which are really a lot less than the real one (the ones that comes up when I start the computer being online)

So if the computer starts offline when webroot starts UAC still heavily interfere and the system is not working well.

Sorry for the bad news guys, let's hope they come up soon with a working solution

Best wishes
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Could it then be that SA only behaves bad when you boot up the pc offline ( not connected to the net ) ?? That would be a nuissance as i'm not continuously online ( i use my machine a lot when i'm on the road to or from work on public transport )
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
I am having the same problems on my 2 x Windows 7 desktop PCs running Webroot. If I boot them up with no internet connection the UAC prompt says Webroot wants to make changes to windows. If I click yes Webroot appears to load but then I get an Action Center warning on the task bar saying webroot is turned off. It gives an option to turn webroot on but am unable to do this. I have raised a support ticket. Please helo.
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Not getting anywhere fast just going in circles with customer support. Ots been 10 days since I uploaded log files and being connected remotley with no success. They have now once again requested me to upload logs again desite me already having done this on 15th dec. They do not appear to be reading my previous messages. Disappointed.