Unable to use password manager

• 26 February 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21
As I have been unable to use password manager for months now I changed to lastpass. As a result I feel I have paid for webroot internet security for nothing. I may as well have just had webroot antivirus. As a gesture of goodwill are you able to offer a refund for the difference in price?

I would be happy to downgrade to antivirus only for 3 devices with an extention of my subscription for the extra price ive paid. If not maybe you could extend my current subscription as Ive been paying for something I have not had.

Best wishes

Stephen

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

With all the problems concerning Webroot , I believe it will be left up to the Attorney General of all States to figure out restitution for all of Webroots customers who have been snookered into believing what they have said about PM. They are finding it quite interesting that versions of Webroot still advertise PM as being included in the subscription price , when in fact Webroot and the Attorney Generals know for a fact that it has not worked for months upon months.

Has anyone else reached out to Carbonite directly ?? Their agents are just as clueless as Webroots are.
Userlevel 7
Why don't we just wait to see what Webroot finally come up with as and when they present a solution to the issue, rather than getting all grandiose about Attorney Generals, and the like (which I should point out may be fine an dandy for those in the use but what about all of the users in other non US countries...anyone thinking about them? No, I thought not...but why I am not surprised).

For all we know Webroot may make us an offer off their own back.

We are still within the timescales mooted a while back...end of February/early March...so why continue aimlessly speculating and rather just wait and see. Once we know what is what then the full reach of the law can be applied (as and when needs be).
Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I believe it will be left up to the Attorney General of all States to figure out restitution for all of Webroots customers who have been snookered into believing what they have said about PM.

😉 Why don't you lead the way instead of making overly dramatic statements here? Just go and contact your state attorney general's office. We'll be sitting on the edge of our chairs waiting for your next installment. Thank you.

I believe it will be left up to the Attorney General of all States to figure out restitution for all of Webroots customers who have been snookered into believing what they have said about PM.

😉 Why don't you lead the way instead of making overly dramatic statements here? Just go and contact your state attorney general's office. We'll be sitting on the edge of our chairs waiting for your next installment. Thank you.

Orthodoxguy, The only " dramatic statements " I take credit for are the ones I have posted explaining how pleased and how happy I was having Webroot as my Internet Security company. I have had various versions of Webroot for a number of years. Go back a few years and read up on my comments. You will find them very positive.

Then PM. The complete lack of communication, the stringing along , the "fix" is this Month now its that Month, soon it will be the next Month has gotten old hat. You claim that Webroot does have a Password Manager and just because it does not work does not mean they don't have one. Thats fuzzy perception 🤔

No disrespect intended Orthodoxguy but for being a " frequent voice " you know more about PM than anyone else. Please show us proof of what you claim. Show us proof that PM is being regenerated, show us proof that Webroot even has a PM. Saying they do is not proof.

Consumer Protection Agencies exist for a reason. As a consumer who has tried multiple times to get Webroots attention to this ongoing problem....the suits and skirts running the company are voiceless. I am not getting everything I paid for with Webroot yet Webroot continues to highlight the Password Manager as being included in their offerings.

Ive reached the end of my patients with Webroot, you may not have.
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
Well... a few things come to mind. 1) I don't have to show you anything. 2) If you were serious, you would have simply gone ahead and contacted the AG. I think you're just frustrated and rattling a chain to get someone's attention. I sympathize but that's about all I can offer. 3) You know as well as I that you could simply contact WR and ask for a refund if the pw mgr is that important to you but instead you continue with this thread (one of many so let's be honest... you knew that and yet you decided to open yet another one. Why?) 4) Download LastPass, the free version upon which WR's is based, and use that until the mgr in question is fixed.

Seems pretty straight forward to me. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal.
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Excellent news the password manager has now been updated today 28th march 2018 and is working great. It is now a partnership with webroot and lastpass and we get lastpass premium and not the free version.