Unwanted program

• 29 September 2014
  • 5 replies

I received a notice at the bototm right hand corner of my computer that a program entitled XPS Viewer was installed without my permission. When I click on the programs installed, it shows up. However, I cannot uninstall it as it doesn't show up on the programs when I go to do this. Also, I cannot unistall it with Webroot. Any help would be appreciated as I do not want or need this program and have no idea what it is.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

It's best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you remove it free of charge with your paid subscription!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I received a notice at the bototm right hand corner of my computer that a program entitled XPS Viewer was installed without my permission. When I click on the programs installed, it shows up. However, I cannot uninstall it as it doesn't show up on the programs when I go to do this. Also, I cannot unistall it with Webroot. Any help would be appreciated as I do not want or need this program and have no idea what it is.
Hello bigbassman,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

Here's a LINK but you didn't say what version of Windows ...do you have?

I don't understand what you mean that Webroot won't let you uninstall it.

Maybe one of Forum gurus can assist here.

Regards
Userlevel 7
Hi bigbassman

Welcome to the Community Forums.

XPS Viewer is part of Windows and as such you will not see it in the Add/Remove Programs feature but rather will have to use the feature linked by Sherry in her post.  Also, WSA will not remove it because it is not detected as malware...because it is not.

Having on your system should not cause a problem and one day you may need to view an XPS document if sent to you and in that case you will need the viewer.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
To make sure it's the correct XPS viewer http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/what-is-xps-viewer#what-is-xps-viewer=windows-7

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Thanks, Daniel...you make a very good point that I should have included in my post.

Regards, Baldrick