URL Classification in Google search returns nothing or a blank grey circle

• 13 June 2015
  • 8 replies

I've been having a problem off and on the last couple of days with both Google Chrome and Firefox where I run a search in Google and results do not show the Webroot URL Classification symbol (green, yellow, red, etc). The WOT symbol shows on search results. Yahoo search hasn't worked with Webroot in quite awhile now, but Google has. 

Chrome is version 43.0.2357.124 and Firefox is version 38.0.5 and I'm running Win 8.1 on an HP all-in-one.

Thanks.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @,

I apologize for the issue you are experiencing.

Have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall Webroot to see if the issue persists?

If it is still happening after a fresh install, it may be time to contact our support team and they can get this resolved for you.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227
Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Best Regards,
I have not. I will try that and let you know if it helps. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Hello @,

Excellent, just keep me posted!

After the install when you open the browser of your choice you will receive a notification to enable the tool bars. Just make sure you enable them as well and then you should be good to go.

Regards,
I uninstalled then reinstalled. However, when I opened Firefox, I never received a notification to enable any toolbars. URL Classification does seem to be working properly, however.

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Hi MDYoung

Have you checked to the that the Webroot Filtering Extension is installed and then enabled.  You may not be getting the message because it is already enabled, and may just not have installed properly.

What we can do is try to reinstall it manually, or if it is missing the same approach can be used to install it.  But you should only undertake this if you feel technically proficient re. the steps below.

First , navigate to C:ProgramDataWRDataPKG...note that this is a hidden folder and so you will either need to adjust the settings using the Control Panel's Folder Options to view such folders, or you can use the programdataWRData commend in the Search field under the Start Menu and then select the PKG folder from the list provided.  Make sure that you can do this as you will need to use a file from withing this folder.

Then, open the Chrome Extensions page in the browser.  If the extension is already installed then you need to delete it using the trash can symbol to the the of the extensions.

Then, go to the top of the page and check Developer Mode to be 'On'.

After that drag the following file from the from the PKG folder to the Extensions page:

CHROME_1.1.0.nn.crx     where 'nn' will be a number, i.e., 57, 58, etc.

(Please note that if you have multiple version of the file in the folder then take the one with the highest value of 'nn'.)

You should await/get the message that one is trying to install a new extension to which you should answer 'Install'.

Once the extension is installed uncheck the Developer Mode and enjoy...you should have the extension now working under Chrome.

(Further note: If you have an issue with the Password Manager extension then you can apply the same fix as detailed above but in this case the file to drag n' drop will be 'lpchrome.crx')

This is not the official way of getting them installed but it may help and is worth a try just in case the issue is due to an installation issue.

Regards, Baldrick
Hi,

The Webroot Filtering Extension is enabled. Toolbars do not appear in Firefox or Chrome. I followed your directions for Chrome (ProgramData folder Chrome Extensions, etc) and still have no toolbar appearing.

Another thing I noticed is after uninstalling WSA then reinstalling, Action Center thinks I have no AV protection. I enabled Windows Defender (but I also have the Pro version of Malwarebytes as well) to get the annoying Action Center flag to stop bothering me, but I realized that previously WSA appeared as AV in the Action Center. Odd.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Hello @,

It would be best to create a support ticket at this point so our support team can remote into the computer, gather some logs, and find out why this is occurring on the system.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227
Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Please do not hesitate to update us here if they are able to determine the cause and resolve this issue for you.

Best Regards,
Thanks. Support ticket sent. Although I'd noted your reply and thought I'd sent a support ticket at that time, nothing showed in my support queue when I checked today (which would explain why I hadn't received any notifications from support). Odd. We'll see what occurs.