URL Rejected!?

• 21 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Hi everyone! Since carrying out a Chrome update last night I am finding it hard to get access to a few sites; I get a message that says:- The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator. Your support ID is ......

Anyone know whats happening and how I can put it right?  The update has also played havoc with the general settings.   :@

Loopy Linda

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Linda

Hope that yo are well?

From what I can see from Googling the phrase "The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator. Your support ID is...." there does not appear to be one single way to resolve this but rather a number of varying degrees of complexity, etc.

I would suggest that you carry out the search above and then go through the top hits that come back from Google, trying what they recommend.

Having scanned these the explanation that resonates with me is that it is a router issue. Do you have a way, without using your router, to try to access the same sites that are giving you the message, i.e., if you have a smartphone then can you try accessing them from that? If you are unsuccessful then that would suggest a problem at the site end in question. But if you can then suggests that it is either the Chrome upgrade or possibily your router.

To see if it is Chrome the best thing to do is to get rid of the upgrade by uninstalling Chrome completely (making sure that you have exported all bookmarks & the like that you may have saved in the browser) & then downloading the latest version and undertaking a clean install (and then importing what you exported from the previous installation) and seeing if that resolves the issue.

To see if it is the router you can try unplugging the router and anything else between
your computer and your ISP, and if possible leaving that for a few hours before switching it/connecting it back on. You should also reboot your computer at the same time, and check to see if that resolves the issue.

Hope that helps some? Either way please do come back to let us know how you get on and if anything has worked for you.

Regards, Baldrick

uter. .