Solved

User Console & Webroot Console

• 8 March 2013
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Why do the scan dates and days remaining differ from my user console and Webroot PC Security? How do I submit a log file as I have an unusual number of [u]'s present?
icon

Best answer by JimM 10 March 2013, 01:34

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi accoldozen,

Have you double checked that the key code on the PC matches the one listed in the Console?  Just an off the wall guess that there might be two different key codes at work there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
You are absolutely correct DavidP....................I am confused as to how this could happen. The only other key code I have had was the demo keycode, which shows as previous key code, on the Webroot console. So where did the keycode came from which shows on the Webroot Console????  I have 3 PC's protected all showing an incorrect key code & days remaining on the Webroot Console?
Also how do I submit my log file to support?
Userlevel 7
If the PC's have the correct key code, but the Console does not, Log into the Console and add the key code to it.

If the Console has the right key code but the PC's don't, open the program on the PC's, Click on Account, and in there use the Activate New Key Code in there.

I am sorry I dont have screen shots handy at the moment!
Userlevel 7
I forgot to mention, if the tech needs your log files, they will let you know how to submit them in the trouble ticket response
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Turns out the key code and the days remaining on Webroot console were correct. I changed the keycode on User console and it now matches on the 3 PC's.......................However since performing this change I have had 3 requests to add ie Helpers. Webroot installer & Webroot Toolbar, & Scotty isn't shutting up about it! What gives with this????
Userlevel 7
The IE Helpers are for the toolbar, which is necessary for the Password Management feature.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Thank you! However I do not use Internet Explorer so I fail to understand this logic?
Userlevel 7
I may be wrong, but i believe when the toolbar code is installed for one browser, it detects all compatible browsers on your computer and is configured for all of them.  I do not use IE either, I use Chrome, but I have IE on the computer, as well as Firefox and the toolbar installed for all 3 at once.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thank you! However I do not use Internet Explorer so I fail to understand this logic?
@DavidP wrote:
I may be wrong, but i believe when the toolbar code is installed for one browser, it detects all compatible browsers on your computer and is configured for all of them.  I do not use IE either, I use Chrome, but I have IE on the computer, as well as Firefox and the toolbar installed for all 3 at once.
Exactly Lyle David is correct! 😉 But if you want to you can go into IE and disable the Toolbar under Manage Add-ons.

Daniel