Solved

web filtering

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

My web filter add-on to filter safe websites has gone away and I don't know how to get it back. Please clarify why this has happened and how to reactivate it please. When I go to my Mozilla firefox browser add on page the Webroot Plugin is just gone.

Sent a message to customer support with no response. Let’s get some movement here. Let’s go!

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 17 April 2020, 19:16

View original

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @skyblaze 

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Firefox updated to 75.0 yesterday I believe. As I am not having any issues with the Webroot Webfilter running Firefox. Sometimes this does happen with a browser update.

So would you mind doing a uninstall/reinstall of Webroot to see if this will install the WF for you again?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

HTH

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Uninstalled and reinstalled per instructions. Rebooted. Still no plugin option for Webroot. No webfilter on my browser search. Something aint stirring the coolaid here. Problem is ongoing

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Sorry to hear that @skyblaze …. I guess all I can tell you is to watch for a response from Webroot Support or

Contact Webroot Support and they should be able to assist you sooner.

Are you having any other Firefox extension issues. Because maybe Firefox needs to be refreshed? Just a thought,,,

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

That’s the only issue I’m experiencing at the moment. When you say “extension” do you mean “plugin”?  The webroot filter always displayed in the plugin page of my browser, but now it doesn’t show up at all. 

I submitted a message to the webroot team 6 days ago and have had no reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

That’s the only issue I’m experiencing at the moment. When you say “extension” do you mean “plugin”?  The webroot filter always displayed in the plugin page of my browser, but now it doesn’t show up at all. 

I submitted a message to the webroot team 6 days ago and have had no reply.

Oh that is not good to hear. Let me ping @freydrew or @khumphrey and see if they can get some information on this issue. Because you are not the only one who has had a disappearing Webroot Webfilter in Firefox. They should be in tomorrow MST.

I am referring to add- ons such as below in Firefox.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Yes see here: https://community.webroot.com/community-101-2/webroot-firefox-extension-gone-firefox-75-0-342794

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@skyblaze ,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having some issues getting the Webroot Filtering Extension to work on the new updated Firefox browser. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox? Since you already tried a clean install with Webroot, that is likely the next troubleshooting step.

It’s odd that you’re having this issue while @Ssherjj  and @TripleHelix are not experiencing the same thing. I’m also on the newest version of firefox and it is working for me as well.

I can certainly look into your support ticket for you in the meantime! Can you please send me a private message with either your ticket number or the email you used to send in the ticket? 

Thanks!

-Keenan

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Thanks again @khumphrey !😊

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Problem still ongoing. Have now uninstalled/reinstalled for the 2nd time now. Firefox is up to date with the 75.0 (64-bit) version. Still no extension to be found with webroot. It shouldn’t be this difficult to get this thing working right. Need someone to get in there and figure it out cause i’m out of options.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @skyblaze ,

Sorry you are having all of this inconvenience of reinstalling and so forth. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Firefox by chance? Other then that did you send @khumphrey a Personal Message as he has directed? Support is the only option now as being a volunteer for Webroot Forum, my hands are tied.

.:frowning2:

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Have sent out a message to khumphrey yesterday with no reply. Have not uninstalled Firefox but I suppose it’s worth a shot. Haven’t done that before so i’m not sure how

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

I apologize  for the delay @skyblaze ,

Did you figure out how to uninstall/reinstall Firefox?

On Windows 10, go to "Start," then "All Apps." Right-click on Firefox and select "Uninstall" from the drop-down menu. Since it's a program, the "Programs and Features" window will pop up. Find Firefox on the list of programs, then click "Uninstall."

Reinstall Firefox https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Please get back if you need more help.

Thanks!

Edited: @khumphrey will be in Monday around 10: AM MST.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I did figure it out and performed the uninstall/reinstall. Rebooted and still not seeing the webroot extenstion and not sure what else I can do about it

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Well that's not good.…

I guess you'll have to wait for Support

Can you use another browser such Chrome or Microsoft New Edge for the time being? See if the Webfilter is installed on Chrome.  

EDITED @skyblaze You will need to install the Web Threat Shield for Microsoft Edge by going here below and follow the prompts. https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/fmkaflbamgddpjacdmjlkhbnpnlemaea

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I wish Webroot would put the Web Threat Shield Extension on the Firefox Add-ons: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-CA/firefox/extensions/

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@skyblaze  and I are communicating in PM - gonna try my best to get this sorted!

-Keenan

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Great @khumphrey , I hope @skyblaze gets this sorted out. 

Thank you for the update!:blush:

Userlevel 7

@skyblaze  and I are communicating in PM - gonna try my best to get this sorted!

-Keenan

Sounds Good. When you figure out what the problem was, can you post the solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The fix is detailed on this community post: https://community.webroot.com/web-threat-shield-131/adding-web-threat-shield-to-firefox-342501

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Great to know!

Userlevel 7

Thank you. :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Thanks! It is nice to be aware/know about these solutions/information. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

It’s easy enough, as I have it already I didn’t allow!