Show first post

37 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks @Jeremiah Voris for the update!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello all,

The fix is on track to deploy tomorrow, the 17th of August. Review of the Chrome fix is complete and it will go live immediately. We’ve attempted to fast track the Microsoft review for Edge but they may take until some time next week before they are done and this part is out of our hands.

Pinging @russell.harris @jhartnerd123 @scottls59901 @TripleHelix who have all tagged me or otherwise asked for updates since my last post. :)

I got the new version for Chrome. At first it still didn’t work, then I uninstalled and reinstalled the extension and it seems to be working fine. Just a FYI.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello all,

I have some good news! One of our contacts at Microsoft was able to speed up the evaluation process and so we were able to deploy the Edge hot fix today as well as the Chrome one. I see in the comments that some of you noticed this already as the evaluation process brought it live (we see that Microsoft made it available on Edge yesterday at ~18:00 UTC).

They are both officially live now and the version to look for is: 2.1.22220.2

Web Threat Shield Extension showing version 2.1.22220.2

@jhartnerd123 this is an update to the WTS extension only; no change to the agent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I can confirm that it’s now working as it should with Chrome! Mine says Preview because I’m using the Beta Installer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Also note that Chrome updated this morning and the Web Shield is still working fine! https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/2022/08/stable-channel-update-for-desktop_16.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

HORRAY 

Userlevel 1

It had been working on Edge but is not currently.

Userlevel 1

working now, said the shield had been corrupted and needed repair, appears to be fixed.

Userlevel 1

working now, said the shield had been corrupted and needed repair, appears to be fixed.

Ok, I’ve had to repair the extension three times now, not sure what’s happening but it keeps getting corrupted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Using a Mac and all good here now

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Ok, I’ve had to repair the extension three times now, not sure what’s happening but it keeps getting corrupted.

If you are still having issues then our support team can help you resolve this either on the phone or through a ticket. In many cases they can remote onto your computer and fix your issue.

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

If you are still having issues then our support team can help you resolve this either on the phone or through a ticket. In many cases they can remote onto your computer and fix your issue.

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

No issues here with Microsoft Edge!

Click on pictures to see full size!