Solved

Web Threat Shield Not Working In Chrome and now Microsoft Edge

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

After I installed the new version of Chrome last night, it stopped working. It still works in Edge.  I just get the little green icon that looks like a flower. Anyone else?

icon

Best answer by Jeremiah Voris 17 August 2022, 15:41

View original

37 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Windows 10, btw. I tried uninstalling the extension and reinstalling, no luck. Odd that it works in Edge.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

I am also seeing this. The extension is there in chrome at the top right, but it does not show the checkmark on search results on google.

I have confirmed that Edge and Brave browser still have the checkmark on search engine results

@BradW Have we seen this reported yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I can confirm as well! Also I can go to a Bad website without getting a Blocked Page from the Web Shield. Also I’m using the Preview from the current Beta.

Version

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Not working for me. Not showing safe and unsafe sites in any web search 

I have the same problem with no WebThreat safe/unsafe icons despite a active extension in Chrome. It does work in Edge.

I reported the problem to WebThreat support and talked with them yesterday. They said it was because I hadn’t updated Chrome and that I didn’t need to worry because it would notify me if a page was not safe. I updated Chrome and the problem persists.

I also notice that my list of search results clears within seconds and is replaced with less relevant items. I’m still trying to track down whether I have some malware.

I reached out to support again and here was their response: 

Thank you for bringing the issue you are experiencing to our attention.

Google changed their page structure on some pages with their latest update, therefore the Web Threat Shield from Webroot no longer behaves how it normally should.

The Webroot Development team has been notified of this issue and is currently working on a resolution. We apologize for any inconvenience. As as workaround, please use Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox, as these browsers work just fine with the Web Threat Shield.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There seems to be an update to chrome all the time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

There seems to be an update to chrome all the time!

Yes this is not the first time an update has broken the Web Filter and at times with Firefox as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Well, this morning Edge updated and now web threat shield doesn’t work there either. Anyone else?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Earlier this week, Web Threat Shield stopped working on Chrome after an update. This morning, Edge updated and now WTS isn’t working there either. Is anyone else experiencing this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Well, this morning Edge updated and now web threat shield doesn’t work there either. Anyone else?

Yes I can confirm as well since it updated! Since both have gone to version 104. I would assume other Chromium based browsers. Info on Edges new security update:

Userlevel 1

I don’t use Google Chrone but I’ve been having the same problem with Edge for the last two days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@Jeremiah Voris Any update on this? I know we’ve been working on it

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello everyone. We have identified the cause of this issue and are actively working on a fix. We are currently expecting to be able to release the fix next week at which point I will post here to update everyone.

We’ve created a KB article for this issue which can be found here:

https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&solutionid=4174

As stated in that article, the issue starts with version 104 so, if you’re not at that version yet, holding off on updating your browser will preserve Web Threat Shield functionality until the fix is released.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the info @Jeremiah Voris 

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@Jeremiah Voris 

Is there any update on the fix for this? It’s now rampant across our clients and they’re complaining.

Regards

John

Userlevel 2

Win 10 Pro v 21H2

After this weeks Win Update WTS no no longer  shows next to Google Chrome Search site results!...?

I see others are having the same problem, and you are working on a fix.

Please let me know, as I don’t like surfing Blind!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @scottls59901 I moved your post into this on going thread on the same issue.

Any update on a fix for this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello all,

The fix is on track to deploy tomorrow, the 17th of August. Review of the Chrome fix is complete and it will go live immediately. We’ve attempted to fast track the Microsoft review for Edge but they may take until some time next week before they are done and this part is out of our hands.

Pinging @russell.harris @jhartnerd123 @scottls59901 @TripleHelix who have all tagged me or otherwise asked for updates since my last post. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Thanks @Jeremiah Voris !

Thank you for the update!

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@Jeremiah Voris 

Is there a version number  or area where we can view the changelog for this? 

Is this just an update to the Web Threat Shield, or is this an agent update or other module?

John

Userlevel 1

After I installed the new version of Chrome last night, it stopped working. It still works in Edge.  I just get the little green icon that looks like a flower. Anyone else?

So I have the green checks back but am getting them for every website, including sites that had been orange in the past.  This is causing me a little concern.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

So I have the green checks back but am getting them for every website, including sites that had been orange in the past.  This is causing me a little concern.

Yes I see it’s working on Microsoft Edge with Bing and Google search but I do see orange ones as well! I see Microsoft Edge Updated again! @Jeremiah Voris Chrome is still broken at this time.