Solved

Web Threat Shield Not Working In Chrome and now Microsoft Edge

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

After I installed the new version of Chrome last night, it stopped working. It still works in Edge.  I just get the little green icon that looks like a flower. Anyone else?

icon

Best answer by Jeremiah Voris 17 August 2022, 15:41

View original

37 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I can confirm that it’s now working as it should with Chrome! Mine says Preview because I’m using the Beta Installer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Also note that Chrome updated this morning and the Web Shield is still working fine! https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/2022/08/stable-channel-update-for-desktop_16.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

working now, said the shield had been corrupted and needed repair, appears to be fixed.

Ok, I’ve had to repair the extension three times now, not sure what’s happening but it keeps getting corrupted.

If you are still having issues then our support team can help you resolve this either on the phone or through a ticket. In many cases they can remote onto your computer and fix your issue.

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

No issues here with Microsoft Edge!

Click on pictures to see full size!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello all,

The fix is on track to deploy tomorrow, the 17th of August. Review of the Chrome fix is complete and it will go live immediately. We’ve attempted to fast track the Microsoft review for Edge but they may take until some time next week before they are done and this part is out of our hands.

Pinging @russell.harris @jhartnerd123 @scottls59901 @TripleHelix who have all tagged me or otherwise asked for updates since my last post. :)

I got the new version for Chrome. At first it still didn’t work, then I uninstalled and reinstalled the extension and it seems to be working fine. Just a FYI.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

HORRAY 

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

working now, said the shield had been corrupted and needed repair, appears to be fixed.

Ok, I’ve had to repair the extension three times now, not sure what’s happening but it keeps getting corrupted.

If you are still having issues then our support team can help you resolve this either on the phone or through a ticket. In many cases they can remote onto your computer and fix your issue.

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Windows 10, btw. I tried uninstalling the extension and reinstalling, no luck. Odd that it works in Edge.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I can confirm as well! Also I can go to a Bad website without getting a Blocked Page from the Web Shield. Also I’m using the Preview from the current Beta.

Version

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Not working for me. Not showing safe and unsafe sites in any web search 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello everyone. We have identified the cause of this issue and are actively working on a fix. We are currently expecting to be able to release the fix next week at which point I will post here to update everyone.

We’ve created a KB article for this issue which can be found here:

https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&solutionid=4174

As stated in that article, the issue starts with version 104 so, if you’re not at that version yet, holding off on updating your browser will preserve Web Threat Shield functionality until the fix is released.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello all,

The fix is on track to deploy tomorrow, the 17th of August. Review of the Chrome fix is complete and it will go live immediately. We’ve attempted to fast track the Microsoft review for Edge but they may take until some time next week before they are done and this part is out of our hands.

Pinging @russell.harris @jhartnerd123 @scottls59901 @TripleHelix who have all tagged me or otherwise asked for updates since my last post. :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello all,

I have some good news! One of our contacts at Microsoft was able to speed up the evaluation process and so we were able to deploy the Edge hot fix today as well as the Chrome one. I see in the comments that some of you noticed this already as the evaluation process brought it live (we see that Microsoft made it available on Edge yesterday at ~18:00 UTC).

They are both officially live now and the version to look for is: 2.1.22220.2

Web Threat Shield Extension showing version 2.1.22220.2

@jhartnerd123 this is an update to the WTS extension only; no change to the agent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

I am also seeing this. The extension is there in chrome at the top right, but it does not show the checkmark on search results on google.

I have confirmed that Edge and Brave browser still have the checkmark on search engine results

@BradW Have we seen this reported yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There seems to be an update to chrome all the time!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Earlier this week, Web Threat Shield stopped working on Chrome after an update. This morning, Edge updated and now WTS isn’t working there either. Is anyone else experiencing this? 

Thank you for the update!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

After I installed the new version of Chrome last night, it stopped working. It still works in Edge.  I just get the little green icon that looks like a flower. Anyone else?

So I have the green checks back but am getting them for every website, including sites that had been orange in the past.  This is causing me a little concern.

Yes I see it’s working on Microsoft Edge with Bing and Google search but I do see orange ones as well! I see Microsoft Edge Updated again! @Jeremiah Voris Chrome is still broken at this time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks @Jeremiah Voris for the update!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

There seems to be an update to chrome all the time!

Yes this is not the first time an update has broken the Web Filter and at times with Firefox as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Well, this morning Edge updated and now web threat shield doesn’t work there either. Anyone else?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Well, this morning Edge updated and now web threat shield doesn’t work there either. Anyone else?

Yes I can confirm as well since it updated! Since both have gone to version 104. I would assume other Chromium based browsers. Info on Edges new security update:

Userlevel 1

I don’t use Google Chrone but I’ve been having the same problem with Edge for the last two days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@Jeremiah Voris Any update on this? I know we’ve been working on it

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @scottls59901 I moved your post into this on going thread on the same issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Thanks @Jeremiah Voris !