Solved

Webroot acting goofy

• 23 February 2017
  • 3 replies

Just purchased webroot secureAnywhere IS+,  Installed and registered.  Now every time I log in,  I'm told my license has expired and do I was to 1, purchase webroot or 2, uninstall windows defender.   Going back anf forth w/ support, told to uninstall / reinstall,  no Webroot in the program list to remove!   Webroot still sitting on my desktop, still prompting me to renew.  Anyone run into this behavior before, any ideas?
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 23 February 2017, 04:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello jackfh, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D

If Webroot is not listed in the Control Pannel, Please uninstall as directed in this KB Article

Reboot, Then reinstall WSA:

Please follow the steps below closely in terms of installing WSA on the target system/machine!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you have or add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online during the install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE). Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Install with the new installer, entering your Keycode when prompted to do so in the install process
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot 
If that does not solve the problem, Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

HTH,
Dave.;)
Thanks for the quick response Dave.   Still no luck,  I get the confirmation prompt but then nothing happens.  I'll try it in safe mode tomorrow.

Userlevel 7
Hello @ and welcome to our Community.

Please also feel free to call or submit a ticket to our Support Team so they can remotely help you out with this issue:

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT
Send us a Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Best,