webroot blocking onedrive on windows 10

• 29 May 2016
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
In application protection, I found a onedrive file that was blocked.
I allowed it, and after reboot, I found another one that was blocked.
How can I stop this behavior?
See screenshot:

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi shmu26

I think that the only way to 'stop' this will be to get the file(s) concerned notified to Support so that they can check them out and whitelist them if they are indeed safe.

May be worth checking the WSA San Log on your system and letting the Support Team know of any entries for files in the log that are prefixed [u] or 'Undetermined'.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
thanks, did it.
I am attaching a link to my log, to be used by support
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ucdvqcku5alh4cd/log.log?dl=0
Userlevel 7
Hi shmu26

I believe that when a ticket is opened the Scan & Threat Logs are automatically upload to Webroot but providing the extra link will be a good back up. ;)

Did you check the contents of the Scan Log to see if you could see any relevant files marked with a [u]? 

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
thanks.
I  have plenty of [u] files in my log, but nothing looks relevant.
Userlevel 7
Well, best to get them checked out...and it may also be worth mentioning to the Support Team the original issue that has prompted the reporting of the 'Undetermined' files...in case what I am suggesting is not the cause and they can then help with what actually is.

Please do keep us posted on what transpires...the feedback will be very useful...;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
support did not find anything in my log that looked like it was the problem.
I attribute the behavior to the fact that I was running comodo firewall.
I tried reinstalling without comodo, and it did not happen.
Nor did it ever happen upon previous installs without comodo.

instead I am using voodoo to give me that default-deny environment.
It is much lighter, of course.
But I was surprised to see that webroot is monitoring the voodoo process, instead of simply allowing it.
Why is that? I thought webroot and voodoo were friends!
Userlevel 7
Hi shmu26

WSA will monitor any file that it detects as active and for which it cannot determine as to whether the file is 'good' or 'bad' most probably due to the fact that the particular verrsion of the file is not yet whitelisted in the Webroot Cloud. As VS is still under development it is likely that the new releases are taking their time to be recognised in the Webroot Cloud.

So you have the choice to notify the Support Team of the non determination of VS so they can check it out and get itwhitelisted or if you are sure that it is safe (which it is) you can just set the permission to 'Allow' manually.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
thanks. it was the latest beta and I got it from dan on wilders so I know its good
Userlevel 7
Well, if it is the beta and the latest one then it is certainly the case that it will not yet be whitelisted in the Webroot Cloud...it is the same for me and after each beta install of VS I always go to the relevamt place in WSA and make sure that I 'Allow' the new version of the file. :D

Glad that is sorted for you.

Regards, Baldrick