Solved

Webroot Expired on Toshiba Laptop Can't connect to internet

Userlevel 2
I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop running Windows 10. I got a pop up that Webroot Expired and I clicked renee and saw that I was not connected to the internet. I tried to reconnect and it wouldn't. I rebooted the laptop and it still would not connect. I tried to connect to my Wi-Fi hot spot and it would not connect. I think that it has something to do with Webroot expiring. How can I renew it? How can I turn off whatever is blocking my internet connection? Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 5 April 2017, 22:51

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi mecarney

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The expiry of WSA should not affect anything in terms of it functioning as long as one is within the grace period of 30 days from expiry (Webroot provide this for precisely the reson of giving users a chance to get a renewal sorted out).

What I would do is to uninstall WSA (if it is WSA that is causing the block...which I doubt...then uninstalling should resolve that) and then use THIS link to renew your subscription. Once you have the renewal done you can just reinstall WSA following the instructions below:

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you have or add your Keycode to your Online Console HERE
  • KEEP the computer online during the install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE). Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Install with the new installer, entering your Keycode when prompted to do so in the install process
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot 
and that should hopefully do the job.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 2
Where can I find my keycode?
Userlevel 2
Found jr
Userlevel 2
It won't let me uninstall because I do not have an internet connection
Userlevel 2
Ok I managed to uninstall without internet. I rebooted again as I had rebootes before and computer immediately connected to the internet. I don't think that it was a coincidence that Webroot popped up telling me that the software had expired and literally just expired and I immediately lost internet connection.
Userlevel 7
Hi mecarney

I was just going to suggest a reboot...but glad that you got to that yourself and that has allowed you to uninstall. I have personally never heard or experienced a loss of internet connection as a result of an expiry warning.

I am not saying that it could not happen but I still believe that it is just coincidental, and it also sounds to me like a clean reinstall, once you have renewed your subscription, would be a good move just to make sure that your installation is fault free.

Let us know how you get on with that.

Regards, Baldrick 
Userlevel 2
Thank you for your quick response.
Userlevel 7
You are most welcome. :D

I am just going offline...as I am based in the UK and it is late here. I am sure that if you have need of further assistance then one of the other members will be more than happy to fill in/help out in my absence...but hopefully you have what you need to get yourself renewed and back in business with WSA. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi mecarney

Hope that you are well?

I am back online and ready to resume if you require further assistance with your issue. Either way please let us know where you are at with it.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Got it all sorted out. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Hi mecarney

Glad to hear that you are all sorted...excellent news. Thanks for letting us know.:D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
?