Webroot Filtering Extension in Firefox 81.0 (32-bit) was missing from the toolbar. Disabling this add-on and then re-enabling it restored function for that session, but it failed when starting a new Firefox session, every time.
Webroot Uninstall/reinstall (without using saved settings) did not fix this, so the problem must lie with the extension. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to remove/reinstall this as it is “managed by Webroot”.
I followed the Mozilla procedure for manually removing an add-on, because this add-on is managed by Webroot and cannot be removed from Firefox. The steps are as follows -
- Use the menu Help/Troubleshooting Information to bring up a page of information about Firefox
- Look for “Profile Folder” on the L side, then click on “Open Folder”.
- Open the sub-folder named “extensions”.
- Find “email@example.com” and delete it.
- Restart Firefox to verify the add-on is gone, not just disabled.
Then, I used this link to re-install the Webroot Filtering Extension - https://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/wtsff/live/latest.xpi
Works now every time I start Firefox.