Solved

Webroot Filtering Extension Not Working With Chrome.

• 16 May 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15
It's been two days now. Anyone else? Is this a known issue?
icon

Best answer by jreddoch 16 May 2019, 17:18

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
For what it's worth, none of the suggested fixes (deleting cookies, deleting and reinstalling Webroot Filtering Extension) worked, so I uninstalled and reinstalled WSA as a whole and now it seems to be working fine. That may be using a cannon on a housefly, but it worked.

Thank you so much for getting back to us. Sorry you had to go through so much to fix this issue.
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
For what it's worth, none of the suggested fixes (deleting cookies, deleting and reinstalling Webroot Filtering Extension) worked, so I uninstalled and reinstalled WSA as a whole and now it seems to be working fine. That may be using a cannon on a housefly, but it worked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Instead of a green check, it just stays grey. If I click on it, it says connection broken. My webroot Secure Anywhere seems to be working, though.

Thank you for your response.

Have you tried restarting your PC or cleared your cache in Chrome? These things might help. Also you may want to see if there is an update to Chrome. Otherwise I would do a clean reinstall of Webroot to see if that resolves your issues. If you want instructions on how to do that I can give you details if you'd like. May I ask if you have tried any other Browsers to see if the Webfilter is working on them? Or is this happening on a Mac or PC computer?

Your other option is to Submit a Support Ticket which is a free service with your Webroot Subscription. They can certainly get to the bottom of this for you.

Please get back to us if you get this issue resolved.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Have you tried checking with support? They can look into it a great deal more than we can. If you haven't already, I encourage you to contact them at 1-866-612-4227, or by clicking here and making a ticket online.
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Instead of a green check, it just stays grey. If I click on it, it says connection broken. My webroot Secure Anywhere seems to be working, though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @jreddoch ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry you are having issues with the Webroot Webfilter in Chrome. I am not having any problems on my PC's. May I ask what actually is happening or some details to your issues? Have you checked to see if Webroot Webfilter is enabled in Chrome Settings/Extensions?

Please check to see if you have the Webroot WebFilter in Chrome located here:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/kjeghcllfecehndceplomkocgfbklffd

As you can see here below the WF is working in Chrome for me. As I have not heard of anyone having any issues lately.