Webroot internet Securtiy Plus on PC and Laptop. Need on my I-Pad. Licensed for 3.

Have Webroot Internet Security Plus on PC and Laptop.  Need on my I-Pad.  Cannot seem to figure out how to add to my I-Pad.  Licensed for 3.  I am a newlie on I-Pad.  Would appreciate any help I can get.!!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Werlcome to the Webroot Community,

It's important to know that your iOS device will not show up under "mobile protection" in your account, regardless of what version of Webroot you have. SecureWeb and SecureSync are Webroot apps for iOS devices, but they are not anti-virus applications and thus will not appear in the mobile anti-virus portion of the account area.

Please look here for information for IPhones,IOS

First, let's make sure you're following these instructions for installing Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus on an iPhone.(iPad)

iOS Download InstructionsTo download the SecureWeb app:
  1. If you have not yet created a Webroot account, go to https://my.webrootanywhere.com. Click Sign up now to begin creating the account.  
  2. Open the App Store on your device and search for “Webroot SecureWeb.” Tap to install the app. Alternately, you can download and install the SecureWeb app from iTunes at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/webroot-secureweb-browser/id460986853?mt=8  
  3. Enter your Apple ID password. The SecureWeb app opens and installs on your device. Once installed, you will see the Webroot SecureWeb icon on your Home panel. Tap this icon to open the app.  
  4. To access Password Management functions, tap the key icon in the SecureWeb toolbar. Enter your SecureAnywhere user name and password. This is the same login that you use to access your Webroot account at my.webrootanywhere.com. If you have not yet created a Webroot account, go to my.webrootanywhere.com. Click Sign up now and complete your registration. When SecureWeb validates your Webroot credentials, a green checkmark appears above the key icon.  
  5. For more information, see Webroot SecureWeb for iOS Help.Please look here Password Manager for IOS and look here  

You also need to grant permissions to your account.  To check your account permissions, sign into http://my.webrootanywhere.com, click your email address at the top right of the console, click Manage Users, and click the little person with the pencil icon on the right side of the screen.  Ensure that all of the values for your user are set to either Access or Admin level and that there are checks in the Passwords and Passwords Services boxes.

Hope this helps and if not please get back to us.

Kind Regards,
Thank you for your information but I am installing Web Root on my I-Pad, not my phone. I do not have an I-Phone. Are the instructions the same for an I-Pad as an I-Phone? Dee Winter
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Dee,

Yes I'm sorry I didn't clarify that these instructions are for an iPhone and or iPad. They are IOSs.

Let us know if you have any trouble.

Kind Regards,
Ok, I just saw your third or fourth attempt to reach me and saw where you included I-Pad in ( )'s.  Will give it a try once again.

Dee Winter
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes Dee..I edited it just now..;)
So, I use the little key with the red mark above it and put in my pswd for webroot.  So, do I now understand that my i-pad is protected as the 3rd entity of our license with WebRoot?
On my I-Pad, under Settings and SecureWeb it asks the following:

Security Settings:
Search Result Tagging   On/Off  (shows on)
URL Blocking   On/Off   (shows on)

Browsing Settings
Browser Id    Safari Mobile (This Device)
Search Engine  Google

What do I need to do to these settings, if anything.

Dee
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Dee,

If you use the Secure WebBrowser you are protected as discribed below. I have Webroot for my iPad as well and I feel I am totally protected when using the Secure WebBrowser. Password Management is included with your Webroot license.

• Secure Web Browsing
  • Malicious Site Blocking
  • Safe Search Results
  • Tabbed Browsing
  • Annotated Search Results
  • Shop & Bank Securely
  • Password Management*
Please read the online Mobile Secure Web User Guide Overview and Here

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
On my I-Pad, under Settings and SecureWeb it asks the following:

Security Settings:
Search Result Tagging   On/Off  (shows on)
URL Blocking   On/Off   (shows on)

Browsing Settings
Browser Id    Safari Mobile (This Device)
Search Engine  Google

What do I need to do to these settings, if anything.

Dee
Hi Dee,

I would say it all looks good. 😉
Thank you for all your help, Shirley!!

Dee Winter
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Dee!

You are very welcome!:D

Have a nice evening!

Best Regards,