Webroot isn't allowing forms and pages to come in, even though they are safe.

It doesn't even ask if I want to allow them.  How do I correct this?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
It doesn't even ask if I want to allow them.  How do I correct this?
Hello Evil,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

To be honest I'm not sure if this is Webroots doing.What browser are you using may I ask?
Have you checked your browser settings to allow autofill? Please check these setting first and get back to us and we can assist you further!

If Webroot is indeed blocking these sights then you can issue a Support Ticket free of charge..and they can whitelist this as well. You can also go to BrightCloud and enter the URL there. Here's more information here http://www.brightcloud.com/ and here http://www.brightcloud.com/services/file-reputation.php

Best Regards,
Win7 ie9 (just downloaded it last night)

To be honest, I'm not sure how to chance the autofill setting.  if it helps any, I'm trying to apply for a job, and it won't even let me sign up with the service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Win7 ie9 (just downloaded it last night)

To be honest, I'm not sure how to chance the autofill setting.  if it helps any, I'm trying to apply for a job, and it won't even let me sign up with the service.
Hi evil,

Would you go to this Microsoft Website and follow these instructions andf then get back to us whether this was helpful or not and we will provide you with more help. also you can
Request a change here
http://brightcloud.com/support/repchangerequest.php

Thanks,
Sorry this took so song, but I had to go out of town and just got back to the laptop.  I don't think that site would be of any use since I'm not tryng to use autofill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Sorry this took so song, but I had to go out of town and just got back to the laptop.  I don't think that site would be of any use since I'm not tryng to use autofill.
Hi Evil,

Sorry I couldn't be of any help...you can issue a Support Ticket free of charge.

Maybe @ can assist here..Are you available Daniel?;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Can you turn off WSA to see if it is causing the issue? Right Click on the Webroot Tray Icon by the Clock and Click on Shut down Protection! And then try again and let us know!

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Just to say that I do feel that the URL referred to is of relevance, and worth checking with IP/URL Lookup: Webroot  to ascertain its status, regardless of autofill etc. as was part of @'s original advice.

I really don't want to totally shut down the only security I have...Any other sugestions?
Userlevel 7
Well, you would not leave it off.  Just turn it off long enough to refresh a page, to see if the form loads correclty, and then turn it back on.  

That will show us if Webroot is the cause, or if we need to look elsewhere for the culprit.
Userlevel 7
Other than that quick test noted above, my next suggestion would be to uninstall the brower, reboot, and reinstall the browser.  Make sure to backup your bookmarks first if you want to keep them.