Solved

Webroot not charging and renewing

Userlevel 3
Hi,
I tried renewing Webroot 1 week ago and I saw I would not be charged until the day of the expiration. Webroot is now red and telling me to renew since I only have 3 days left on my subscription. Is there a way to let Webroot know that I renewed?
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 19 May 2018, 11:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi ALEEF02

As you have the Best Buy version, then irrespective of when you make the renewal, i.e., even if you renew 10 days before the expiry date, then the subscription renewal will only come through/be applied on the date of expiry or at the latest 24-48 hours after that date, due to the information needing to get back to the Webroot back office (no worries about the delay as you have a grace period after actual expiry to cater for this potential delay).

So I believe that it is because of the effective dysfunction in how the link between Best Buy/Geek Squad & Webroot that you will continue to see the message until the renewal physically occurs.

Annoying I know but I do not believe that there is anything that can be done about this. To make sure though a quick call to The Geek Squad may be a good idea just to check on the veracity of what I have explained. You can chat with one of their agents HERE or call then on 1.800.GEEKSQUAD.

Apologies that I am not able to be of more assistance.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Like getting this stuff to go away since I renewed