Solved

Webroot not renewing

• 16 November 2016
  • 9 replies

I renewed my webroot security though best buy and saw the payment go throw two days ago but my webrot still says it's expired. I looked up my question and tried to do what I've seen in other boards but nothing is working. I tried to uninstall it but my computer said it was already uninstalled so it took Webroot off the uninstall programs list but when i tried to redownload Webroot just pops back up.

I got the confirmation emails that i paid and with a member number but my computer still says it's expired.
icon

Best answer by JP_ 16 November 2016, 19:29

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Because your subscription is through Best Buy and not Webroot directly, we are unable to make any changes to these accounts. All of the order information is stored in Best Buy's internal records.

If your Webroot SecureAnywhere software is showing an expiration countdown timer after renewing your subscription, please be advised the timer will continue to countdown and will reset on the actual day of your plan's expiration date.
You are still protected and no additional action is required.

For all subscription-related inquiries, please call Best Buy ECC at 1-800-433-5778.
Be sure to mention your subscription software through Best Buy.

You can also contact them online through their website here.

Cheers! :catwink:
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hello @

Hypothetically speaking,  if a user bought a laptop at Best Buy with Webroot installed and later on was given a code for 1/2 off the price and the user purchases from Webroot sales dept, would the user run unto the same situation like @shoutlauren did?

Thank you kindly.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hello @

Hypothetically speaking,  if a user bought a laptop at Best Buy with Webroot installed and later on was given a code for 1/2 off the price and the user purchases from Webroot sales dept, would the user run unto the same situation like @ did?

Thank you kindly.
I believe all they should need to do is take the new keycode they received for 1/2 the price and activate it like normal.

http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/651/Activating-Keycodes

I hope I'm understanding your question correctly. Please tell me if I'm not!
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Thanks JP  ;)
Hi Julie,

If I were going from a Best Buy version of Webroot to a retail version I would uninstall the Best Buy version first and then download the regular version from Webroot and then activate with the new keycode, since I'm pretty sure there is a difference between the two. (I say this because we provide links for BOTH versions) ;)

BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
@ wrote:
Hi Julie,

If I were going from a Best Buy version of Webroot to a retail version I would uninstall the Best Buy version first and then download the regular version from Webroot and then activate with the new keycode, since I'm pretty sure there is a difference between the two. (I say this because we provide links for BOTH versions) ;)

BD
Thanks a bunch BD!;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I was under the assumption that I heard from an OP that Support told him that he did not need to uninstall the BestBuy version because Webroot would recognize the keycode. Please read here https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/BestBuy-Webroot-Renewal-process/m-p/254266#M17633

Just saying.... 😉
Thanks Sherry.

I always assumed that since we provide two seperate dowloads for the respective versions that they were different. If it goes by the keycode then I don't see the need for two downloads. But like you said, the OP said it changed for him. Personally I would still uninstall (delete wrdata folder) and clean reinstall, but that's just me. ;)

I believe TripleHelix agreed to that as well in that same post.

BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Oh you are very welcome. I have always felt a clean uninstall/reinstall is always the best from my perspective as well. I just wanted to show something else that might interest some. ;)