Solved

Webroot not updating

• 17 May 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi, I've been using Webroot security for almost 2 years now and I am running Windows 10. Today an update appeared, and as it was updating, Webroot closed. So, I re-opened Webroot and click the setting icon next to "My Account". I went to "About SecureAnywhere" and saw that I'm on software version 9.0.8.72. If I click "Check for software updates" It says that version 9.0.15.40 is available. If I click the Yes button to install, it starts installing. It downloads it, then says verifying software updates then closes. If I reopen the program and go back to the same place I can see I'm still on the same version. If I try to update again, the same thing happens. What can I do? Thanks!
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 17 May 2017, 16:33

View original

7 replies

HI ALEEF02,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I would recommend a clean install of Webroot and that should take care of your issue.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
You may also contact Webroot supoort for help with this issue,

Hope this info helps. ;)

BD
Userlevel 3
Ok sounds good! I'll do it tonight when I get home from work.
@ wrote:
Ok sounds good! I'll do it tonight when I get home from work.
If you run into any problems be sure to come back. There is usually someone around that will do their best to help you get it working. But honestly, a clean install is usually pretty painless and can be done in just a few minutes. ;)

Let us know how you get along.

Take it easy,

BD
Userlevel 3
So I uninstalled webroot, downloaded the file you sent, rebooted and then ran the file you sent. I've been sitting here for 10 minutes and nothing has happened. What do I do?
Userlevel 3
So I uninstalled webroot, downloaded the file you sent, rebooted and then ran the file you sent. I've been sitting here for 10 minutes and nothing has happened. What do I do?
Userlevel 7
Hi ALEEF02

To me it sounds like WRSA might not be uninstalled or completely uninstalled. Check to see if it is still there either by checking for the presence of the WRSA.exe in C:Program FilesWebroot (am assuming that you are using WIndows 10 or 7) or, via the Task Manager, if the following processes are active:

And if the answer to either of those check is 'yes' then try running the uninstaller in Safe Mode WITH NETWORKING.

If that does not work then you can try running the commandline based uninstall as described in the KB Article available HERE (ignore the title of the Article). Just make sure that when running the commandline instruction you do so from a command prompt that has Administrator privileges.

Apologies if this all sounds technical (I don't know what level of technical skills you have) so if you need more help re. any of the above then post back and one of us should be on hand to help further.

Bottomline is that you need to make sure that WRSA is uninstalled before you can reinstall it, as you have been advised to do.

Regards, Baldrick

My apologies, @. I missed seeing this thread until now. Luckily Baldrick has posted some very relevant information and advice. (Thanks Baldrick) If, after reading his post you are still having trouble you can either post back here or submit a support ticket to Webroot and they can help get this straightened out. If you do submit a ticket, just be sure to wait for a response (24 to 48 hours, but often quicker) before submitting another ticket as each submission puts you back at the end of the line.;)

Cheers,
BD