Solved

Webroot not working on new laptop and can't uninstall

• 13 September 2020
  • 3 replies

I just installed webroot on a brand new laptop and it’s not working (won’t open). I can’t uninstall it either. I contacted secureanywhere support and was told I have to purchase a support plan for $179/year. I don’t understand what the problem is exactly. It works fine on my old laptop, both are running Windows 10, and my account shows that it’s installed and apparently running, which it isn’t. Is the only fix really to purchase a support plan?

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 13 September 2020, 00:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @trinitydemask ,

You are most welcome!

The Support Team should be able to tell you if your new Computer has been compromised or not. Clean your browser history if you found their number online. 

Most of the time you can uninstall Webroot in Safe Mode with Networking. But you might feel uncomfortable doing that. IMO I would wait for Webroot Support.   

Keep us posted if you can.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue, it should be 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19.

Thanks, Sherry. There’s no way I was going to purchase it. I submitted a support ticket.  Now I’m totally freaked out because I let this guy have access to my computer because I thought he was with Webroot.  I’ve uninstalled the gotoassist app and have the McAfee trial software running. Hopefully, I haven’t compromised my new computer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @trinitydemask ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community!!

Pease Do NOT PURCHASE that Support Plan! It's a hoax! Please Submit a Support Ticket from the Webroot Support Team which is available on the top of this page! It's a free service with your Webroot subscription! 

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact