Solved

Webroot Online User Console Not Updating Recent Scan Information

Userlevel 4
Hey all... having an issue where recently my Wife's laptop is not updating scan information (date/time/results) of recent scans on the web console (it is showing current activity on her laptop in the application).  I tried to send a scan command from the console to her laptop to do the scan and that didn't work for some reason.  Then I manually scanned her computer yesterday 5/18/13 after looking at the activity listed on the console which stated that the last scan occurred on 5/16/13.  Even after running yesterday's scan (5/18/13) it did not log the updated results to the web console.  Haven't changed any settings on her laptop or on the console.  Her laptop on the console is set for "user configuration" along with mine.  i thought it was b/c I needed to clear browser cache but I did that and went back several times today and the date, time and results have not changed since 5/16/13.  Thanks....
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 20 May 2013, 02:44

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Thanks for the detailed information, Randy. Can you please try uninstalling and reinstalling Webroot and updating us on the scan information.

Webroot Installer (PC)
Userlevel 4
Hey Mike...appreciate the help.  Are you talking about installing it on my Wife's laptop (the computer which is not updating scan activity on the console)?
Userlevel 7
Randy, 

Yes, the computer that is not updating on the Console correctly is the one that needs to be re-installed.

Let us know if it works 🙂
Userlevel 7
It sounds like a bad installation and I wanted to test a clean reinstall before troubleshooting further.
Userlevel 4
I uninstalled from the laptop and reinstalled as suggested.  I also deactivated the laptop from the console before uninstalling the software.  I re-installed and tried to import saved settings twice...both times the settings imported...it then ran another scan and the software failed.  Meaning it uninstalled itself...I could not find it anywhere on the laptop and it wasn't listed in add/remove programs (Windows 7 Ultimate).  I then re-installed the software for the 3rd time and instead of importing saved settings I re-set them manually.  The software is on my Wife's laptop as before...new settings now manually re-set... the keycode was put in upon installation and now it is not showing on the web console at all.  The only device listed is my personal PC.  Thoughts?
Userlevel 7
Hi Randy, 

When you deactivate a PC in the Console, it will also uninstall the software from that PC.  If you re-install the software, that does not relist the PC on the Console automatically.  See This Article for how to reactivate it in the Console.
Userlevel 4
David...appreciate the help but the drop down list does not contain "deactivitated PC's" option.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
David...appreciate the help but the drop down list does not contain "deactivitated PC's" option.
Click on the PC Security, and on the next screen click for the drop down at the upper right hand corner.  If it is not there.. what browser are you using?

It looks like a step is missing in the Knowledge Base Aritcle.. I will send a note about that to get it fixed!
Userlevel 4
The only listed options show on the main screen is my PC (activated in a large box) and "Add A New PC" (in a large box) on the main screen.  In the drop down menu there is no entry for deactivated PC's.
Userlevel 4
Firefox 20.01
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
The only listed options show on the main screen is my PC (activated in a large box) and "Add A New PC" (in a large box) on the main screen.  In the drop down menu there is no entry for deactivated PC's.
I had that happen a few months ago.  You might try to clear the cache, and then refresh the PC Security page a couple of times.  Also, if you have an alternate browser you can try that might help as well.  
Userlevel 7
Oh.. there are two drop downs on the PC Security tab.. one for the email address and the main menu, and there is another one right below it.  Use the lower one.  It is labeled VIEW
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello I have some pictures to help you and to help David.

TH

Userlevel 7
Thanks TH !!
Userlevel 4
Thanks for the screen shot.  It was the "pick list" vs. the drop down menu next to my email address that you were referring to.  Issue is resolved and thank you for everyone's patience and help.  It looks like information is now current on the laptop (reactivated computer)
Userlevel 7
Randy, 

Glad that you have it fixed, and sorry that I was not quite on the mark on getting you to the right spot!
Userlevel 4
No apologies necessary... we're doing this virtually...appreciate the help
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You're both very welcome it was team work! :D

TH

Userlevel 7
Teamwork is always a good thing.. and a lot of fun 🙂
Userlevel 7
I like that: TEAMWORK cubes. 😃
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I like that: TEAMWORK cubes. :D
Yes.. I need to get the saved myself to use.. a lot of the time we seem to all work together in helping someone 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeppers!

Daniel 😃