Webroot says threat but cant remove it

• 24 September 2016
  • 5 replies

After a full scan webroot highlights a threat and when I move to the next step to remove it I get a screen that says it can't remove it.  I've tried in Safe Mode with same results.  I've rebooted, etc, with same results.

The other interesting thing is that when I look at the threat log it says that no threats have ever been detected.  I'm not sure whether I really have a threat or not?

The 'dashboard' shows active threat and after a scan it displays one threat removed.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello ddygert, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D

Sorry to hear your having troubles with your computer. Please submit a Support Ticket and they will sort this problem for you.

Thank you,
Dave. 😉
Userlevel 7
Yes, please do what Dave said and submit a support ticket.

I am wondering, what threat is it showing that you have?
Thanks fort he replies - I just did submit a ticket.

To answer what threat it is saying this is what I put in the ticket:

"The file identified as an issue 'sdfhgdf.sys' in the system32drivers directory and the infection name is changing - I just completed one now and it says 'Pua.Goobzo' but I know for sure it said something different earlier."

Well, strange but this last time, it said it removed it and re-scanned and everything looks good now...

So hopefully everything is ok.

Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 7
Sounds good. :D

I would still reply to Support when they answer your ticket and tell them what happened. They may want you to submit your Webroot log (Support will give you a link) to check and see what happened and if everything is OK. Glad to see everything looks good now.

Dave. ;)