After automatically updated to 18.104.22.168, Windows Action Center indicates that Webroot SecureAnywhere is disabled.
System: Window 7 64bit.
Logged in as an Administrator.
- icon disappears in Taskbar
- looks like running. WRSA.exe *32 shown in Processes in Windows Task Manager
- icon in Start Menu/ Programs inactive (click and no response)
- wsainstall.exe inactive (click and no respnse)
- uninstall failed (keep asking to log in as an administrator)
- uninstall in Safe Mode (failed). Keep asking to log in as an Administrator
- uninstall after Clean Boot (failed). Keep asking to log in as an Administrator
- manually type "C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" –uninstall in Start/ Run (failed). Keep asking to log in as an Administrator
Looks like something is blocking everything from Webroot from functioning. Updated in 9/1/2020. Problems started after the update.
Best answer by TripleHelixView original
The best thing to do is Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you.
It’s a known issue so please have patience with support until they get back to you as they are dealing with this bug and many are seeing it so there very busy.
Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue, it should be 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19.
Sorry I can’t do more,
Just deleted this folder and Webroot came back alive and well!