Solved

Webroot shows RENEW NOW message at startup even though account display shows 360 days left.

• 18 June 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
My webroot products are purchased through Best Buy. I bought another PC from them last year. They sold me another webroot even though I had a license for three PCs and was using only 2. When the new webroot was close to expiration the usual RENEW NOW box started appearing. I had Best Buy switch that PC to the license for three. All is well, The new PC webroot si showing 360+ days left and is protecting my PC. The problem is that the RENEW NOW message keeps appearing at startup. I have seen messages, going back over a year, on the web complaining obout this RENEW message not going away. I am pretty good at following fix instructions and, also, I am not in the mood to let Best Buy remote into my PC. Please provide me with a fix for this.

Bob Miller

icon

Best answer by bobruggles 20 June 2017, 18:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Greetings @.

Please uninstall and reinstall Webroot to resolve this issue.
(Make sure to remember to write down your keycode before you uninstall by pressing "My Account" at the bottom right)
https://www.pcrisk.com/how-to-remove-spyware/uninstall-program-windows

Once the uninstall has completed successfully, please reboot your Computer.
Now, re-download Webroot and activate it with your keycode.
https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/geeksquad-dl

Go ahead and restart your Computer one time to make sure the message is no longer appearing.

Please let us know if you have any questions or issues! :cathappy:
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Thanks! I accidentally deviated from your procedure but it all worked anyway. Here is what I did. During the Uninstall I was asked to state the reason I was uninstalling. I said I was following your direction. The uninstall took place then I noticed that tere was a button to press to re-install. Without thinking I clicked it (duh). In a flash the download took place. I rebooted the pc.
As it woke up the OS asked for permission to allow Webroot to make changes to the PC and I said Yes. After the boot completed I noticed that Webroot was alive and well. I rebooted again to make sore the message box would not appear. It did not appear. So - the best part was that I did not even have to re-enter the Key! Very slick.

Thanks again!!!

Bob Miller
Userlevel 7
Hey, as long as it works that's all that matters! Thanks for letting us know what worked for you, Bob :manlol: