Solved

Webroot toolbar add ons remain in IE10 Windows 8 after uninstall of Webroot

Show first post

31 replies

Userlevel 7
We will see what Webroot has to say, but again I think the reply above is correct. Browser addins install differently and do get removed from the browser management not from a regular uninstaller.

Thank you for the article Miroku! I will read it more carefully and bookmark it for reference!
Thanks for your input, but the answer should be a Webroot solution.

After a Webroot uninstall there are quite a few registry entries that remain.  The LastPass password version INSTALLED by Weboot should be cleaned by Webroot, my opinion.

I restored a backup from before Webroot to clean up the Webroot un install.

I'll wait for another answer.  I have two other machines with Webroot.
Hi,

Maybe isn¨t much help but take a look here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie10-windows_8/how-do-i-remove-add-ons-in-internet-explorer-10/645f2e84-02f1-4206-8b94-c79c2ec4f218
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

Only enable and disable is available.  Removal is not an option.

They should be removed during the Webroot uninstall process?  Yes?

Probably not.  The browser extensions are an add-on that is not a part of the main software install.  They download separately following activation of the feature from within the software for whatever browsers are currently installed, so I would not expect to see them uninstalled with the main program.  As I say, I am not well versed in IE 10 and Windows 8, so I am not sure how such toolbars are normally removed from IE 10, but I know it is within the browser settings of Chrome that one goes to in order to remove browser add-ons.
Only enable and disable is available.  Removal is not an option.

They should be removed during the Webroot uninstall process?  Yes?

Userlevel 7
Good morning!

I am not positive regards to IE 10 as I use Chrome, but I believe you can delete extenstions and toolbars from the settings (?). In Chrome I can, and it is my assumption IE allows the same.