Solved

Webroot toolbar add ons remain in IE10 Windows 8 after uninstall of Webroot

• 20 August 2013
  • 31 replies

I uninstalled Webroot from Windows 8 64 bit, using the recommended deactivate/reboot method.  After uninstall and another reboot, going into IE10/Manage Add Ons, all three instances of Webroot, Webroot Vault, Webroot toolbar still remain.  How do I get a clean uninstall of Weboot and it's toolbars? 
icon

Best answer by MikeR 24 August 2013, 02:00

View original

31 replies

Userlevel 7
@ - Roy, if CCleaner will work in cases that for some reason the toolbars are being stubborn, in your opinion is that worth adding to the Software Removal Tools thread I have going?
https:///t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/8772 Your Welcome Bob but we can wait and see if the Webroot Staff can come with another solution to remove the IE10 add-ons?

Daniel"

Agreed
Userlevel 7
We have submitted a request to development and we will provide you with an update once it has been addressed. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. :D
Your welcome, I'll await a further reply upon implementation.
Has this been corrected for Windows 8.1, IE 11?
Userlevel 7
Hello Reldel, 

I do not think it has been corrected.  The Webroot Toolbar is technically a separate install/download from the WSA software, as it is a browser add-on (Extension in the case of Chrome...)  The last time I uninstalled WSA the browser add-ons remained, and needed to be manually removed from within the browser manage add-ons area.