Webroot uninstalled by Win 10 Install?

• 22 August 2015
  • 1 reply

Webroot was uninstalled from my machine. Could my upgrading to Windows 10 have done that? Or is it possible I was attacted with effect? I had Bitdefender also installed; that is gone now.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi TedRumme

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I have to say that I have heard some rumours of this happening if you are running a version of WSA that is not compatible with Windows 10 (that would be the v8 version...the v9 version is compatible with Windows 10 and unless there is something seriously wrong you should have been automatically upgraded to v9 by now). But it has not happened to me...perhaps ? or ? may be able to shed some light on this?

Make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of WSA (here for Webroot version or here for Best Buy version) and reinstall WSA.

BTW I am surprised that you have not run into any issues running WSA with BitDefender as there are known issues running the two on the same system...personally you only really need one or the other rather than both...and I bet you know which one I would suggest that you get shot of...;)

Regards, Baldrick