Solved

WFE not working

• 14 November 2017
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Firefox updated to version 57, now the Webroot Filtering Extension is not working and classed as a 'legacy' item. It is showing as version 1.2.0.73 dated February 5th 2017. Is there a version that now meets the Firefox add on standard??
icon

Best answer by JGiffard 14 November 2017, 17:00

View original

21 replies

Same thing here Yarco. With that new " Firefox Quantum " Ive lost both the Webroot Filtering Extension and the Webroot Password Manager. Hope those real convenient options get a good workaround at Webroot, as I find them very helpful !
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I will ping @ and @ so they can see this and make suggestions. I'm still on Firefox 54.0.1 so I can't comment. All I know is we Beta Testers are using 1.5.0.6 Web Filtering Extension.

Daniel
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Robert- if you run the toolbar fix utility in Quantum, it should get the Password manager back. I had to do that but no joy on WFE.
Userlevel 7
Badge +31
We're at the start of our gradual deployment of 1.5.0.6 Web Threat which has been tested on latest versions of Firefox.  

You should be getting this over the next couple of weeks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Thank you for that, I will wait as it is not so crucial as PWM.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Same thing here Yarco. With that new " Firefox Quantum " Ive lost both the Webroot Filtering Extension and the Webroot Password Manager. Hope those real convenient options get a good workaround at Webroot, as I find them very helpful !
Robert here is the Password Manager Toolbar fix Tool so just download and run!

Password Management Toolbar Fix Tool For PC:
http://download.webroot.com/toolbarfix.exe

Daniel
Greetings Daniel, Thanks for that. The issue I seem to have is that the Webroot Icon no longer appears in the upper right side dashboard with the Firefox new version. I used to just right click it and all my saved favorites were at hand. Id just click on a favorite and be directed to it at the same time Webroot logged me in. Now there is nothing but a Black box with Icons to log out of Firefox or to view history...
@ wrote:
We're at the start of our gradual deployment of 1.5.0.6 Web Threat which has been tested on latest versions of Firefox.  

You should be getting this over the next couple of weeks.

@...and does/will 1.5.0.6 deployment happen thru a WebrootSA version # update. 
I'm curious because my Firefox 56.0.2 Webroot Filtering Extension is 1.5.0.6 date Nov 09 and my Chrome WFE is still 1.4.0.8.  
WebrootSA Antivirus 9.0.18.44 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Greetings Daniel, Thanks for that. The issue I seem to have is that the Webroot Icon no longer appears in the upper right side dashboard with the Firefox new version. I used to just right click it and all my saved favorites were at hand. Id just click on a favorite and be directed to it at the same time Webroot logged me in. Now there is nothing but a Black box with Icons to log out of Firefox or to view history...
Like I said I don't have Firefox 57 installed so I can't say or give suggestions I'm still on 54.0.1 as I like my extensions. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +31
Wow - that's an interesting state of affairs you have there.  Both Firefox and Chrome should be on the same extension version.

Can I ask that you log a call with support?  It would be useful to understand why this has happened and get you on the correct versions.

Jonathan

@ wrote:
Wow - that's an interesting state of affairs you have there.  Both Firefox and Chrome should be on the same extension version.

Can I ask that you log a call with support?  It would be useful to understand why this has happened and get you on the correct versions.

Jonathan

Um, so you're saying Chrome and Firefox (at this time) should both be WFE 1.4.0.8...?
And you're saying WFE 1.4.0.8 does not support Firefox 57.0...?
WebrootSA Antivirus 9.0.18.44
@
Just completed a removal and reinstall of the " toolbar fix " and after a restart ( using Firefox ) the password manager is up and running. Having it working once again on Firefox's newest update is a time saver and a real convenience. Much obliged to the great Webroot crew and all the participants.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I just realized with the update of Firefox Quantum 57.0 that I no longer had the Password Manager. So I had to use the toolbar fix to get it working again. 😃
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Today I did a complete un/reinstall of WSA including all folders in FF Quantum, and then found the WFE was installed at version 1.5.0.6. Once again had to run toolbar fix to get Password Manager back. So all is tickety boo again. As a side issue I note that the WFE in Waterfox 55.0.2 is still showing 1.4.0.8.
Greetings .giffard....hows the progress going with the WFE  in relation to the latest Firefox update ? The Legacy version has gone ka-poot. Much obliged to all and to all Happy Thanksgiving !
Userlevel 7
Badge +31
We're rolling out the latest version that supports Firefox quantum.  It usually takes a few weeks as we do in incremental stages.

Jonathan

Much obliged for the update Jonathan. Looking forward to it being released.
Just a helpful hint here.

I see at least one person posting here that, having updated to Firefox v57 (the new Quantum version), their Webroot Web Filtering Extension had been relegated to the Legacy Extensions category and that they could no longer get it to work.

Here is the solution (it looks complicated but in fact it isn't! It's very simple):
  1. Close Firefox v57*
  2. Open the Webroot GUI and go to Advanced Settings then to Firewall/WebShield
  3. Untick Activate browser extensions, and then click Save (you will probably need to enter a character string into a Captcha screen to do this) This will (temporarily) uninstall the Web Filtering Plugin for WSA.
  4. Important: leave the Webroot GUI open
  5. Open Firefox v57 again. Go to Add-ons and the Webroot Web Filtering Extension should no longer be in the Legacy Extensions list. What you have just done, by opening Firefox, is flushed out the Webroot Web Filtering Extension for Firefox, having previously uninstalled the Web Filtering Plugin for WSA
  6. Close Firefox v57*
  7. Go back to the Webroot GUI, tick Activate browser extensions again, and then click Save This will reinstall the Web Filtering Plugin for WSA
  8. Open Firefox v57
  9. You will now find the Quantum version of the Webroot Web Filtering Extension in the Add-ons Extensions category. However, if you are like me, you will find it is disabled. Simply click Enable. Say Yes to any Firefox window that opens in order to validate your Enable command.
  10. Job completed!
*It would be prudent before going to the next step to check that Firefox has really closed by checking in the Processes tab in Task Manager (or Details tab in Windows 8/10). If it hasn't, highlight it and click the End Process button.

Hope that helps someone 😃
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
'As a side issue I note that the WFE in Waterfox 55.0.2 is still showing 1.4.0.8.'   I commented here earlier in this thread, and seeing what Muddy said I hunted up an earlier answer from elsewhere by Daniel I think ,how to install WFE into Firefox derivative browsers.
I zipped the files from C -Program data etc~Webroot secure socket server as found in Firefox Quantum, and this installed straight into my Waterfox 55.2.2, so now I have WFE at 1.5.0.6.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you! Great information on the how too's for WFE. @

Thanks, Sherry. Hope it helps someone 😉