When I bought this computer from Best Buy, they installed Webroot on it. Now, it just expired.

• 1 March 2015
  • 9 replies

When I bought this computer from Best Buy, they installed Webroot on it.  Now, it just expired, and i can't get a newer version to load, even though it is only the second install off of a three install version.  Anyone have any ideas.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello bbneoh,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

Did you purchase again from Best Buy or Webroot?

they gave it to me from best buy, when i bought the computer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @ 

Is Webroot still installed on your computer or not? . Also if you renewed do you have a new keycode?

EDIT:: The reason I ask that if you have a new keycode you can go here http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C12_MyAccount/CH11b_ActivatingKeycode.htm

Or we can do a clean reinstall of Webroot with the Best Buy version if you'd like. I can send you the instructions.

Thanks,

Best Buy loaded Webroot Secure Anywhere on my computer when i bought it from them.  When it expired, I had recently purchased a different computer for my daughter.  It came with Webroot Secure Anywhere, 3 PC version.  I had problems getting the second install to load on my computer, so I uninstalled the original Webroot, and now the second installation from my daughters computer won't load onto my computer.  Can anyone help me?
no it isn't still on the computer, at least I can't find it.  Yes, I do have a key, so i will try going to the link you sent, thanks.  Also, I posted another question on the same issue, with a little more info than the first.  Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Best Buy loaded Webroot Secure Anywhere on my computer when i bought it from them.  When it expired, I had recently purchased a different computer for my daughter.  It came with Webroot Secure Anywhere, 3 PC version.  I had problems getting the second install to load on my computer, so I uninstalled the original Webroot, and now the second installation from my daughters computer won't load onto my computer.  Can anyone help me?
Hi bbneoch,

Can you please do a clean install of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AANA-A783-DE78-C584
  • KEEP the computer online for  the install to make sure it works correctly
  •  (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot
If this doesn't help then please issue a Support Ticketfree of charge with an active subscription.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
no it isn't still on the computer, at least I can't find it.  Yes, I do have a key, so i will try going to the link you sent, thanks.  Also, I posted another question on the same issue, with a little more info than the first.  Thank you.
Hello @ ,

Sorry I merged posts. It makes it easier to answer questions that are the same issue.

Could you let us know how you are doing? Thanks!

Regards,
Nothing s working, everything is taking so much time...  I much prefer talking on the phone.  That way if i hear something that rings a bell, i can get animmediate response.  I sent a servise request, so if they feel like it, they can respond within two days.  But, thanks for trying to help, you're very nice.

bob
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Again, bbneoh

So sorry this is giving you so much trouble. You can call Support here Monday https://tel:18776126009

Usually the Support Team is pretty quick and they will email you as soon as they can.

But if you just purchased a renewal you can contact the GeekSquad for help because they have a warranty of 30 days fron puchasing.

Here is there number here 1.800.Geeksquad

Again I hope this helps,