When i downloaded webroot internet security plus 2016 my Internet Explorer disappears on me. Why?

• 2 February 2016
  • 4 replies

Each time I click on Internet Explorer it starts to come up and then disaappears on me. Why is this happening?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello gia2eme,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I am not sure why IE disappears. Would you uninstall/reinstall Webroot to see if Webroot is the cause of this.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,
Hi Sherry, 

I followed your instructions on uninstalling and reinstalling. When I uninstalled this program Internet Seurity plus 2016 Internet Explorer returned. I reinstalled Internet Security plus 2016 again and Internet Explorer disappeared again. I have Windows 7. I thought that this program supports Windows 7?
I have not upgraded to Windows 10 due to problems Windows 10 was having. I have read that Webroot supports Windows 10?
If I am unable to use Internet Explorer I will need to get a return credit. This was one that I purchased thru Amazon. Please advise. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi gia2eme,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

I am sorry to hear that you are having these issues. Can you use another browser such a Chrome or Firefox until we correct the issue?

Please Submit a Support Ticket or call. This is a free service with a Webroot subscription and they can look at this for you.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227
Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

If you purchased from Amazon I believe you have to get a refund from them.

Userlevel 7
Hi gia2eme

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may offer and alternatiev explanation/approach?

Sounds like you have a corrupted installation of IE and to deal with that please see this Article from the MS SUpport Forums on this topic.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick