When I installed Webroot software, I lost the "remember me" feature on many of the sites.

• 21 October 2015
  • 8 replies

When I installed Webroot Secure Anywhere I lost the feature "remember me" on many if not all sites that I frequently access. Is there a way that I can restore this feature ?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi RichardMcEndarffer

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I have to say I have never noticed the lack of this feature. One thing that you could try is to temporarily shutdown WSA's protection and see if the issue persists thereafter. If not then it is down to WSA and you would be advised to Open a Support Ticket to get the SUpport Team to look into the issue for you.

If there is no change after protection shutdown then it will most likely be due to something else other than WSA.

To shut down protection just right click on the WSA notification tray icon, select 'Shut down Protection', answer the confirmation prompts including enteringthe requested CAPTCHA characters and that should do it.

Carry out the check for the feature yo are having trouble with and then re-enable protection by double clicking on the WSA desktop item.

Do advise back as to what the outcome of your testing is.

Regards, Baldrick

Hello ?

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this problem.

I believe this is happening due to cookies either not being saved or getting deleted upon exit.

Have you recently cleared your cookies or adjusted the way your browser handles cookies?

Just my thoughts on the subject.
Maybe others will chime in to give their opinion.

EDIT: Thanks Baldrick, you posted while I was typing. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack you.

Thanks,
BD

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
I believe you are correct BurnDaddy. I'm wondering if he used a cleanup tool????
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I believe you are correct BurnDaddy. I'm wondering if he used a cleanup tool????
Well, if the OP is using the ISP version rather than Complete (and I am assuming that they are as they have posted in the former-related forum) it will not be as a result of running anything in WSA.

Baldrick
Baldrick wrote:

Well, if the OP is using the ISP version rather than Complete (and I am assuming that they are as they have posted in the former-related forum) it will not be as a result of running anything in WSA.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maybe he used a third-party cleanup tool or the browser "clear history" function?
Userlevel 7
Indeed, BurnDaddy, but the specific in the OP was that the issue appears to have started just after/following the installation of WSA. ;)
Userlevel 7
Hi RichardMcEndarffer

As you can see we are having a healthy debate over your issue so perhaps you could advise as to whether, subsequant to installing WSA you either ran a 3rd party cleaning app and/or clear the browser cache, hostory, cookies, etc.?

Many thanks in anticipation of your reply to this and my original questions.

Regards, Baldrick
Agreed. I'm just suggesting that there may not be a correlation between the two. 😉