When I scan my computer, it takes only 45 seconds. It can't possibly do a good job in that amount of

• 28 September 2014
  • 3 replies

It eakes only takes 45 seconds to scan, today it took around 22 seconds. It cannot be doing a good job in only that amount of time.

answer at my email:

< email address removed for reason of privacy > B

Thanks,  Steve

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi SteveL

Welcome to the Community Fora.

This is all down to the way that WSA works...it only scans those files that can be a threat rather then scanning everything, and it only considers active malware a threat...if a piece of malware is inactive then it cannot hurt you until such time as it activates so why waste time with it.

Please take a look at this previous thread where this whole question and more has been discussed in detail and the WSA philosophy on protection is explained...you will find it interesting.

And if you have any more question then please come back here and pose them.  We will be pleased to try to answer them.

Regards, Baldrick

Hay, thank you for the answer. I finally found this site again. My windows 8 is VERY hard to use, can;t find anything.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
My windows 8 is VERY hard to use, can;t find anything.
I suggest you udate the OS to Windows 8.1 if you haven't already. Also if you want to find something press Windows key+C and use the Search option.;)