• 11 replies

Where can i locate the following:

1.  Settings which identify C Drive folders to be scanned

2. Results of C Drive folder scans

Thank you,  Vince

11 replies

Hello ?

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Webroot scans the entire C: drive by default as part of a normal or scheduled scan. Any threats detected will be shown after the scan has completed. Any threats will be placed in Quarantine. To view the Quarantine open the WSA PC interface, click on the gear next to PC Security and then select the Quarantine tab.

Edit: You can also run a custom scan by selecting the "Custom Scan" button on that same PC Security page.

If you would like to scan individual files/ folders or external hard drives simply right-click on the folder/file/or drive and select "Scan with Webroot".

Hope this info helps, :)

BD
Userlevel 3
@ wrote:
.....Webroot scans the entire C: drive by default as part of a normal or scheduled scan. Any threats detected will be shown after the scan has completed.....

BD
I was under the impression that Webroot only scanned those files/areas most susceptible to infection and this was how the scan can be so fast ?
Userlevel 7
Hi VinceArredondo

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may add in rsponse to the 2nd question, you can find/view the results of the scans undertaken by viewing the Scan Log. To do this click on the gear/cog symbol to the right of the Utilities tab in the main app panel. Then click on the Reports tab, and then 'Save scan log'.

That will open up a dialog asking your to provide a location to save the fiel too and a name for the file (I call mine 'WSA Scan Log'...original, eh?) and then click 'Save'. A Notepad window will then open up displaying the contents of the saved file adn allowing you to browse, copy, print, etc., details from the log.

I should point out that file contents are cumulative and so you will have informaiton on a number of scans, including any manual scans initiated plus any schedueld scans.

I hope that is of assistance in answering your question?

Regards, Baldrick
@ wrote:
I was under the impression that Webroot only scanned those files/areas most susceptible to infection and this was how the scan can be so fast ?
Yes, @, you are correct. I should have said that Webroot scans only the C: drive by default, and only scans the entire drive during a "Full" scan. ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Yes and have a look at this interesting thread it's a classic! https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Scanning-PC-suspiciously-fast/m-p/6636

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 3
Thanks @ for the link. The discussion there is very useful in understanding . It would be great if it could be converted to a FAQ or KB which be pinned in some way
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks @ for the link. The discussion there is very useful in understanding . It would be great if it could be converted to a FAQ or KB which be pinned in some way
I have nominated it for a KB so we will see! @

Thanks for the Idea,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
? what do you think?

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah that works for me - if you want to put it in a TKB then I can publish it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Don't we put the whole thread as the KB?

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Got it now I will work on it for your approval!

Daniel 😉