Where is system optimizer in 8.0.4.131?

• 22 October 2014
  • 11 replies

System Optimizer is missing from Utilities dropdown.  Also permanently erase no longer available.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello jhaulenbeek, welcome to the Webroot Community!

I need to know exactly which version of WSA you use.  I assume you have a 3 device Internet Security version, but is it the WSA-Internet Security Plus OR is it the Best Buy Subscription Software version?

The Best Buy Subscription version, up until now, has included the system optimizer while the standard WSA-IS+ has not.  If yours is a Best Buy Subscription, I will need to do some research/PM's to see if the software specs have been changed at this time.
Userlevel 7
@ , Just checking in.  Did you get an answer to your issue anywhere?
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
I have the Best Buy version and the Optimize button is there. However, it is now on a tab. When you click on the utilities gear, the panel that opens has 4 tabs. Optimize is on the last tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Correct! Where should it be?

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/634/Running-the-System-Optimizer-Manually

Userlevel 7
On the tab is where is should be.  If it is not there at all, let us know and we can look into if the specs for the Best Buy version have changed.

It is possible that for some reason the shortcut from the main panel, as illustrated above by TripleHelix, is missing from that partiular build, but either way the tab should always be there.

It is quite possible that on the next build that main panel shortcut will return.  I have seen situations similar to that in the past.
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
It is in both of those places you show in your screen shots. I always just used it from the short list by clicking on the word utilities. Didn't know there was also access through the gear as well.

BTW, this thread is in the Internet Security Plus...from what I understand, that version does not include the Optimize button. Maybe the version from BestBuy did. Not sure. I have the complete version.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
It is in both of those places you show in your screen shots. I always just used it from the short list by clicking on the word utilities. Didn't know there was also access through the gear as well.

BTW, this thread is in the Internet Security Plus...from what I understand, that version does not include the Optimize button. Maybe the version from BestBuy did. Not sure. I have the complete version.
That is one of the few differences between the Best Buy Internet Security version and the regular Internet Security Plus.

Best Buy has System Optiimizer, the WSA-IS+  does not
WSA-IS+ has the System Analyzer, but I believe the Best Buy does not.

Other than that, the features are, I believe, identical.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Complete has System Analyzer none of the others do even Best Buy. Also you can download and install the standalone free version here: http://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/resources/analyzer after a scan don't take all the info it says to heart as there are some things you can't change!

Also check here to see what version you have and it should say Internet Security Plus: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C12_MyAccount/CH11a_ViewingAccount.htm

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 5
Badge +19
When I originally posted in this thread, I thought  was posting in Complete forum. I thought my Best Buy subscription was the Complete version. But today I went into the console and I saw that it shows my Best Buy keycode but next to it, it says that it is the Internet Security Plus version.

If I do really have the Best Internet Security Plus version, then it has the Optimize button. I also have the Run System Analyzer button.

It looks just like all the screen shots you show.

Not sure why I always thought it was the complete version. I did have to uninstall and then reinstall per tech support recently.

But if I have Internet Security Plus and have those buttons, then others should too, with the Best Buy subscription.
Userlevel 7
Hi Kev914, Welcome back!

I am going to tackle your other thread in a few minutes... LOTS of really good questions there!  I do think I can answer all of it though :)

As for this question, you have come on one of the few dfferences between the WSA-IS Plus and the Best Buy Subscription Internet Security.  The Best Buy verions does indeed have the Optimizer, while WSA-IS+ does not.

The Optimizer is under Utilities on all versions that have the Optimizer available.