why do I have a popup on start up when I had none a week ago ? said is run by the console

• 13 May 2016
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I'm curious why all of the sudden I have a pop up inlower left corner on start up?..never had it before and when I try to turnit offit says it's run bythe console and may change next boot up? this seemed to happen after I wrote in to webroot with concens over my software..also I have2 instances in my task manager on startupthat are exactly alike both have 5 items and everything looks the same in their properties is it leftover fromlast install?...is draining my system ...Thanks Joe

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Jshov1

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I have just checked my own installation of WSA and can say that I am seeing the same thing in the Task Manager - Startup...and I assume that it is quote normal as I am fairly certain this has been the case for some time/is normal for WSA.

What I have not seen is the 'popup' that you are referring to. Would ypu be able to provide the exact message in the popup and if possible a screen capture of it?

With regard to the popup; what are you trying to do when you try to 'turn it off'? Which setting are you trying to change that gives you the information about Console control?

Regards, Baldrick