why will my key code not work on 2nd pc?

• 3 November 2014
  • 7 replies

I have activated my new key code one my desktop, everything went smooth and  is up and running
. I am currently trying to download on a 2nd PC and continue to get the invalid key code error. Even when I copy and paste from the console. I never received my email with directions, key code or receipt. can anyone help with this?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello farmhouse2349, welcome to the Webroot Community!

I do have a couple of questions so that we know how best to help you with this.

Where did you purchase your new copy?  In a store or online?  If online, who did you purchase from?
  • Webroot's site
  • Best Buy
  • Amazon
  • Other?
Do you happen to know exactly which version you purchased?  

Thanks!
It was purchased through Webroot's site. The version is the security plus.
Userlevel 7
Ok, thank you for the reply!

Lets check something in your Console quickly, and then go from there.

Check both PC and Mobile devices to make sure that you do not have more than 3 devices listed as protected.
We want to make sure that your new key code is listed on ONLY one device. 

If the Console shows that there are 3 or more devices using the new key code, please let us know.  Some of those will need to be deactivated.

If the Console shows just the one PC using the new key code, then let's try a clean install on PC #2 as follows:

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here 
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done.  Do not use any dashes or hyphens when entering the new key code.
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

See if this helps!
The only device that shows on my console is 1 PC.
There is nothing to uninstall on PC2, I retried the download with your link and still got the same message.
Userlevel 7
Another thought ,and I am sorry I did not get this on the previous reply.

Once logged into the Console:
Click your email address at the upper right corner
Select Manage Key Codes from the drop down
Locate the new key code and note what is listed in the second colum for Edition.

What Edition is the new key code?

Thank you and again I am sorry I did not think of that on the previous reply.
Internet Security Plus
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Internet Security Plus
OK, thanks.  

I am sorry, but I do not think there is anything more we can do here on the Community.  We have verified pretty much everything: the correct version, correct key code, correct download, etc. so we are pretty much out of options for a 'quick fix'.

It would appear that there is something at the 'back end' at Webroot's side that is for some reason locking the key code down at one device.

Webroot Support should be able to help fix this if you submit a Trouble Ticket.