Solved

Win32.LocalInfect.2

• 6 November 2016
  • 2 replies

First of all thank you for smooth Antivirus. I've been using Webroot for months. But I have weird issue
http://i.hizliresim.com/1NQmqj.png Why Webroot warns and block the console when I try to compile and run any code in DevC++?
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 6 November 2016, 15:08

View original

2 replies

Hi umuturunc,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Glad to hear that Webroot is running smoothly for you. I have not had any problems on mutiple PCs for years, either. :)

As far as your issue with DevCpp. I would submit a trouble ticket to Webroot support so that they can determine if this is either malware or possibly a false-positive, as has been reported by Webroot users in the past.

Hope this info helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

BD

Userlevel 7
Hi umuturunc

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may add some additional information that may be pertinent...given that you are trying to compile something that is producing an executable that is very specific to you/your system then it is without doubt a false positive as it will be unknown in the Webroot Cloud but may also have failed some of the other, heuristic based tests that WSA performs in these situations.

But as BD says...better safe than sorry in relation to this...and therefore a check with the professionals on the Support Team is indeed much recommended.

Regards, Baldrick