Solved

Windows 8.1 upgrade

• 17 October 2013
  • 52 replies

This morning, when I attempted to upgrade my Windows 8.0 x64 system from the Microsoft Store to Windows 8.1, the file downloaded just fine, but when it attempted to install the upgrade, I kept getting error code 0x80070057.  I tried googling this, but had no luck.  I then disabled Webroot Secure Anyware and the upgrade was able to complete with no problem.  I don't know if anyone else has had the same problem, but I thought that I would share my experience.

Steve
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 7 November 2013, 23:55

View original

52 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes it was behind the scene's and it's great to hear it's working for you! As I'm using IE11 on Win 7 VM to post this!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
The following article is a update on Windows 8.1 upgrade

(Leaker claims only some Windows 8.1 users will get free Windows 9 upgrades)

By Gregg Keizer
Computerworld | Sep 29, 2014 2:05 PM PT

Microsoft will offer some Windows 8.1 users a free upgrade to the next edition, tentatively labeled as Windows 9, a notorious spiller of the company's secrets said today.

According to Wzor, Windows 9 will be a free upgrade from some but not all copies of Windows 8.1. For those currently running Windows 7, the upgrade will come with a price tag. Wzor publicized the claims in a short series of tweets today.
But the free upgrade deal has a big caveat.

ComputerWorld/ full article here/ http://www.computerworld.com/article/2688806/leaker-claims-only-some-windows-8-1-users-will-get-free-windows-9-upgrades.html