Windows t0 upgrade

• 21 August 2015
  • 4 replies

Hello,

On my lower task bar (the Microsoft logo) it shows me a message for free Windows t0 upgrade,  I'm afraid to open.  Is it safe or a malware?

Thanks in advance.

Louise

4 replies

Hi,

I get a pop up from Microsoft on lower task bar  regularly (Microsoft logo) for free Windows 10 download.  Is it safe?

Louise
Userlevel 7
Louise, 

It is real and legit.  Users of Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 are being offered the upgrade to Windows 10 free of charge by Microsoft.  There is a one year time limit on this, so you do not have to hurry.

I hope this helps
Userlevel 7
Hi Louise

Welcome to the Community Forums.

And if I may add to what David has said...once you have upgraded (which is really easy/not all techy) you have 30 days in which to play with Windows 10, decide if you like it and if not then you can roll back to the version you were on before the upgrade...and that to, by all accounts I have read, is really easy too.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi Louise

Welcome to the Community Forums.

And if I may add to what David has said...once you have upgraded (which is really easy/not all techy) you have 30 days in which to play with Windows 10, decide if you like it and if not then you can roll back to the version you were on before the upgrade...and that to, by all accounts I have read, is really easy too.

Regards, Baldrick
@ Going back to the previous version of Windows is ridiculously easy.  I upgraded, then downgraded, and have upgraded back again LOL.  The upgrade took quite a while... going back to Windows 7 took.. under 10 minutes.  As I recall it was closer to 5 minutes really.

Re-upgrading took... a LONG time as I had to re-download the entire 3+Gb and then the time to run the upgrade....