Solved

wrdata folder

Show first post

88 replies

Userlevel 7
Nice one Snake, will certainly look at that angle.

BTW...have not found that because I use RB Rx; so I try software and if I decide not to keep it I rollback to a prior install snapshot, which effectively negates any change in the WRDATA folder.

But good tip.

Cheers

Balders
Userlevel 7
Hi Kit

Have 42 db#### & 6 ace files...so where do I get my 'cool dude' badge? ;)

No, seriously, I do not think that I run "...a lot of things that are highly uncommon and so are not known-good in the system" but then again...I might but do not know it.

Any suggestions as what I should upload to Support, etc., so that they can check on it?  Or is there no point?

Incidently, I also have a number of db# (where # is between 'a' and 'p') and some dst## files (but not many).  Is the presence of these also significant?

Regards

Balders
Userlevel 7
Hi Kit

Thanks for the comprehensive reponse.  I susepct that I am indeed one of those who jumps on a latest update or release (I run RB Rx which means that if I find an issue I can very quickly roll back to pre the install)...so I suppose I am at the  cutting edge...as you say...:D.

Will take a look as you have suggested but suspect that I will most probably uninistall/reinstall to 'clean' the folder.

Regards

Balders
Userlevel 7
Hi Snake

You could be on to something here as I am/have been a beta tester for some apps I use (including WSA :D)...so there is communality. And if you add this to what Kit has said about jumping "...on the update before it was common enough to be known-good,..." which fits the beta testing profile, then that would explain the size 'issue' experienced by some. ;)

I also suspect that new version of a known-good app will have different hash key, not yet flagged as good...hence the detection of 'suspicious' files, etc.

Regards

Balders
Userlevel 7
Hi Brad

I am looking forward to it.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi Brad

A good point well worth pointing out for those who might be confused or unsure. And use of this utility is very much on the basis that the user is warned that it could cause issues with the installation of WSA on their system, requiring a reinstall at the very least.

Regards, Baldrick
I think something like this would work

How about When a new version is released and either is auto installed or manually installed,

it checks and if the wrdata folder is present it should be wiped automatically.

Mine has grown to 181 mb and that is Just WRSA Antivirus , and that is since 1-11-2012..

Once it get around 200mb, then I usually uninstall and reinstall.. 
Userlevel 3
WHOA!  What a difference a un-install/re-install made.  Before uninstalling folder size was 958MB, AFTER new install, same folder was only 1.56MB!!  Was that a cleanup or what? 😉  Hope support can get this fixed to where it will be cleaned out in the cloud automatically....
My WRData folder is now over 3GB!!

Almost all of the bulk is in "dbxxxx.db" files.
The largest is 1.5GB
If it helps, ALL these dbxxxx.db files are "blue" in windows explorer (compressed?)
All the other files are "black"

This is on SecureAnywhere Antivirus but this topic looks active here so I posted here.

Is a re-install the only way to solve this issue?

vango44

Hello, I'd just like to say that just this morning I had 20GB free of my 250GB SSD and after installing an update to an application of mine Webroot kept complaining about it and I had to allow access. However after this my HDD kept decreasing in size to only 700MB left and I discovered my WRData folder to be over 46GB in size. I want to know what can be cleared from this folder.
Thanks for the information. I wish there was a way to tell webroot where to store these DB files because this took up almost the entirety of my SDD
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hello there,
I'm on windows 8.1 and my wrdata folder is above 6GB. This issue isn't solved yet? any help appeciated...

Userlevel 2
OK, keep me posted on your decision. I did some further work on it this weekend but didn't get it finished to my satisfaction quite yet. I will squeeze in some more time as I am able. If the development team wants to do this themselves, I understand; I'm not trying to step on anyones toes here, but I had to do something to reclaim that space on my HD (and I wasn't going to pick through 3900 files manually).

FYI, Here is an updated shot of the main window; the list is sorted by total size of db files associated with each exe, the blue db items are to be left alone, the red db items are to be recycled, the gray db items are referenced in the log but do not exist on disk.

There is now also a filter which allows the user to show only excluded exedb files and also db files which are associated with exes which have been deleted (marked with the (FILE NOT FOUND) suffix):

If something similar could be added to WSA, that would be great; otherwise, I'm going to be using this.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings