Yesterday Adobe have issued a regular quarterly update to its Reader application (10.1.3). I couldn't get successfully through the update process. The update was always aborted saying that some files cannot be accessed or something like this. I tried it repeatedly but always ended with cannot write to some files prompt. In the last attempt I tried to shut down WSA and ... the update process went successfully. So my conclusion is that some of the shields of WSA was blocking the update process.
Just to let you know in case anyone encounter the same troubles with Adobe Reader update.
P.S. I should add that all my settings (including heuristics) are default except Protected websites which are both (HTTP and HTTPS) set to maximum.
Best answer by Kit
I get a feeling that either this was a transient issue, or was not actually WSA but a coincidental solution. Transient would be, for example, if you were one of the Super-Lucky Very First people doing the update and the "Popularity" heuristics in the agent caught the files and preemptively dealt with them. Coincidental would be if, for example, CCleaner was cleaning on shutdown or startup and deleting the temp files the installer wanted to do an early file replacement with, then when you shut down Webroot, you also didn't start up an app that held the files locked so it didn't need to do a replacement.