Solved

WSA freezes my browser

Userlevel 7
Yeah, that's strange.... But Webroot just freezes firstly my browser especially FireFox,  when I'am watching YouTube or downloading pdf files... Then just freezes whole system..... These seems quite look so with Google Chrome.... It does not like good  Webroot, it doesn't.......
icon

Best answer by Miquell 22 October 2012, 17:11

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Yeah, that's strange.... But Webroot just freezes firstly my browser especially FireFox,  when I'am watching YouTube or downloading pdf files... Then just freezes whole system..... These seems quite look so with Google Chrome.... It does not like good  Webroot, it doesn't.......
Hello Miquell are you using any other security software in realtime with WSA? Also can you supply the OS that you are using and if it's 32bit or 64bit also the version of Firefox?

Thanks,

TH

Userlevel 7
I use only WSA on freshly formatted system without any other security software which might be a source of conflicts.
System: Windows 7 (32bit)
Browser: Mozilla FireFox 15.0.1 without any add-ons.

Any other software like Flash or Java updated to the latest versions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Can you please do a reinstall? Uninstall reboot and download a fresh copy and install and make sure you have a copy of your keycode as you will need it during install. http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe

TH
Userlevel 7
Still the same....  WSA freezes FireFox....
Userlevel 7
Thank you for replying Miquell.

I have opened a support ticket for you and you will receive an email with a unique password that will be required when accessing the ticket and my instructions.

I have sent instructions to gather logs from your system so I can investigate further. Please access the support ticket and reply when you have gathered and sent the logs.

Thank you for your patience.
Userlevel 7
Hello Mike,

Thank you for a such quick reply and I'm look forward for an email
Userlevel 7
I have sent the log gathering instructions. Are you able to log in to the support system and follow the instructions? The email with your password was sent to the same email address you used to register here on the Community with.

Just want to make sure we get you taken care of. 😉
Userlevel 7
The thing I'm curious about that didn't get asked or answered:

What specifically leads you to believe it is WSA that is causing the freezes?

On a properly-operating, completely stock Windows 7 system with browsers and no other security software installed, there are no issues.  This has been QA'ed to death.  That and there are zero other reports of things like this.  Thus, either something on the system itself is not operating properly, or it's not fully stock, or it's not actually WSA causing the issue. 

So the first thing to always do is figure out whether it's definitely WSA causing the issue, because we don't want to waste your time troubleshooting WSA's apparently-unique behavior on your system if it's not actually WSA causing it.  If it definitely triggers off WSA specifically, then we need to discover what is unique and possibly broken about your system that is causing it to react in such a way when no others have.
Userlevel 7
Hi guys,

First of all, please forgive my long absence on the forum.
It seems that the problem with freezing browser disappeared with the advent of version 8.0.2.27.
The new version works exactly as it should be - safely, slightly and flawlessly - so far I have not encountered any problems.
Again I can fully enjoy with everything that WSA offers to me :D

Thanks for everything,

Miquell

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to hear! ;)

TH