Was wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I've been using WSA along with sandboxie for a while. I never had too much of an issue other than the Identity shield not working once or twice. With the last firefox upgrade and WSA upgrade I've had issue with a few things. When I open my yahoo mail in firefox it freezes up. I can open my mail with the basic mail. I uninstalled sandboxie thinking that may be the problem but it still was doing it. I then disabled identity shield and still had the problem. I uninstalled WSA and the problem went away. I still have sandboxie running and I don't have any problems opening yahoo mail. I'm more than happy to re-install WSA and see if I can get this problem squared away. I'm running Win 8.1 64 bit on a Dell laptop. The programs I had installed at the time were sandboxie, norton DNS and comodo firewall. I had also uninstalled Comodo firewall and still had the issue. I also tried disabling protected flash, making another firefox profile and flushing the cache. Nothing has seem to help.
Already have an account? Login
Login to the community
No account yet? Create an account
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
With regard to why the sandbox services are changed back from allow to monitor after you have put them to all...have never come across that personally, and cannot see why a manually indicated setting is automatically reversed/overridden. On that one I would (i) reset to allow and (ii) if the reversion takes place again I would Open a Support Ticket to let Support investigate as that should not be happening as far as I understand it.
Glad to hear that, provisionally, you are sorted...but quite wise to give it a bit of time before declaring the uninstall/reinstall successful. Keep us posted on how you are getting on...
and BTW I certainly would not feel stupid for apparently not being able to trouble shoot your own system. We have all been there on the day and more times than just once...and no doubt will be there again at some point in the future...;)
As a point of reference, I too am running Windows 8.1 64-bit. I did NOT encounter any problems with Firefox 29.0.1
I even created a Yahoo! account and did not experience any lag time using Yahoo Mail. Perhaps there's an issue with Sandboxie or Commodo?
Let us know if the clean reinstall works!
Would still try the clean reinstall, having downloaded the latest installer just to make sure. I regularly refresh my installation with an uninstall/reinstall, as follows;
download new installer, uninstall, reboot, clean install (saying 'No' to any offer of previous settings import), and then reboot immediately after installation & scan finishes.
I would give that a go before taking the next course of action which would be uninstall FF, and then clean install the latest version.
I think I had did a reinstall at one point but I don't remember. In regards to VS, I'm awaiting Ver 2 much like yourself.
OK, understand...in any case a clean reinstall (do not import previous settings if offerred by the installer) may be all you need to resolve the issue but I assumed that you had already tried that. SO let us know when you have done that and then check again what I suggested initially...and let us know what the score is.
As for WSA & VS (and Windows 7 Firewall) ...I defintively recommend it...best combo I have used so far...but I know that it takes a bit of nerve to dispense with the other security apps like Norton & Comodo...but I would certainly give it a go (personal recommendation only...of course).
Yeah I tried all that as well. I think I did at least. I'll have to re-install and see if it's still causing an issue. I really would like to try one of your favorite combos WSA and Voodoo Shield. 😉
Welcome to the Community Forums...http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_greetingsthor.gifhttp://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_greetingsthor.gifhttp://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_greetingsthor.gifhttp://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_greetingsthor.gif
Cannot say that I am seeing this but then again I do not use Yahoo mail, etc.
Given that you have noticed this happening after recent updates, especially re. FF (to 29 or 29.0.1 I presume) I would check to see if WSA is blocking the Firefox.exe. Usual places to chaeck would be under 'Block/Allow Files' (PC Security Advanced Setting via the grea/cog and then click on the relevant tab), 'Control Active Processes' (Utilities Advanced Setting via the gear/cog, click on System Control tab and then 'Start' under Control Active Processes) and also 'Application Protection' (Identity Protection Advanced Setting via the gear/cog and then click on the relevant tab).
You are lookiing to see if the Firefox .exe is flagged as 'Block' in any of those places, which you can then chane to 'Allow' (if sure that the .exe is genuine) and see if that resolves the problem for you.
Please post back and let us know how you are progressing with this issue.